Thread: used electrolyte disposal

used electrolyte disposal

hi guys im building a cell like plumabob and smithjetta because i think is great design which runs cool so thanks to them and all you people for this great forum and all your help.

my question is :
    how can i dispose of used electrolyte containing NaOH (caustic soda) which im not using in my cell? i dont want to throw it to the sewer
    what do you suggest?
    im doing some tests and i think i will post results later. thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gamerpipe View Post
    hi guys im building a cell like plumabob and smithjetta because i think is great design which runs cool so thanks to them and all you people for this great forum and all your help.

my question is :
    how can i dispose of used electrolyte containing NaOH (caustic soda) which im not using in my cell? i dont want to throw it to the sewer
    what do you suggest?
    im doing some tests and i think i will post results later. thanks

Drain cleaner is made to go down drains.

(Do NOT do this with used Baking Soda ELECTROLYTE. It is hazardous material)

I would vote anyone using or promoting Baking Soda off the forum for polluting our environment.

NaOH is cheap enough at Lowes.

BoyntonStu

bigapple Guest
    u can always throw it on the ground and pour some vinegar over it so it wont burn u... its not hazardous to throw away though

Smith03Jetta Guest
    Flush it down your toilet or pour it in your bathtub drain. It will help keep your drain free of clogs. It was intended for that purpose. Read the bottle.

thanks for your answers

the thing is that i was confused. i thought only KOH was drain cleaner, plus i bought it as caustic soda in chemicals store.
    thanks anyway.sorry for my bad english

precaster1@msn.com Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    Drain cleaner is made to go down drains.

(Do NOT do this with used Baking Soda ELECTROLYTE. It is hazardous material)

I would vote anyone using or promoting Baking Soda off the forum for polluting our environment.

NaOH is cheap enough at Lowes.

BoyntonStu
    If using baking soda is a sin to you I suggest you read the Bible-namely the 1st chapter of the Romans.

vette84 Guest
    I thought the stainless steel leeches chronium bexavalent or however you spell it...