Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you know

clarence1984 Guest

you know

you know i had a light bulb kick on the other day. You know in the medical field they make oxygen concentrators. Why can't you just put a mechanical oxygen concentrator on the engine and pipe it into the intake to improve combustion efficiency?

I wonder how much juice it would take to power that thing.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

ICEMAN.KCMO Guest
    you would have to add more fuel... alot more fuel.....

I am sure you guys have heard of Nitrous Oxide?? N2o? It is 2 parts nitrogen and 1 part oxygen... The only thing that burns is the oxygen... the nitrogen is there to cool down the combustion... Pure oxygen will raise your combustion temp to the point of melting everything.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I've actually thought about the possibility of using a small medical oxygen separator to "Clean" the oxygen out of our useful Hydrogen. I don't know if this would work or not because I know absolutely nothing about the machines or how they work.

daveczrn Guest
    pure oxygen does funny things to everything... everything is flamible then.. and things that were flamible are now explosive. i would be afraid of pumping anything over abour 60% oxygen in there..

Quote Originally Posted by daveczrn View Post
    pure oxygen does funny things to everything... everything is flamible then.. and things that were flamible are now explosive. i would be afraid of pumping anything over abour 60% oxygen in there..
    Pure oxygen is great for hangovers...lol Back in my younger days, I used to get a blasting hangover, then go sit in the cockpit of my aircraft and suck on pure oxygen for about 3 minutes and the hangover would lessen considerably
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

LinChiek Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Pure oxygen is great for hangovers...lol Back in my younger days, I used to get a blasting hangover, then go sit in the cockpit of my aircraft and suck on pure oxygen for about 3 minutes and the hangover would lessen considerably
    human can't really breath using 100% o2 rite? we will b intoxicated rite?

wipeout97 Guest
    I am not sure if astronauts still do it but they used to

Cadillac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wipeout97 View Post
    I am not sure if astronauts still do it but they used to
    Yes astronauts do have to be capable of breathing air with extra oxygen. It really only happens in the space suits, to my knowledge at least. I can not remember specifics off the top of my head but it has something to do with stabilizing their blood pressure to a more earth like state. That is why they train so much in these suits.

Could you imagine being half baked hanging on to the side of the mir space station while trying to attach an antenna. Man I wish I would have did better in school. What a job.

100% O2 used to be used by NASA right up until the Apollo 1 fire, in 100% O2 just about everything is highly flammable / instantly explosive. They might still do this in space suits though, not sure.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO