Thread: What about concentric ring electrodes?

What about concentric ring electrodes?

What about using concentric ring shaped electrodes? If the edges aren't exposed, there's no need for coating the edges.

This is just a random "outside the box" idea I had. I'm wondering if someone has done something similar already before I try it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] This picture represents why I'm here. I would like to have some friends left to grow old with. For years I scoured the casualty lists searching for the names of Marines I served with. This forum could actually save someone's life.

hmm, never seen that tried, it would increase surface area a bit, but it might be had to seal if your going to try it in a dry cell configuration. great idea though.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Hmmm, intersting idea... The thing that jumps out at me, however, is unequal current densities between concentric rings. If these rings were in series, then you would have a very high current density on the inside ring, and a much lower density on the outside rings. It may not be an issue, but just a thought.

Regardless, it might make for a cool layout...