Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wall plate question

Here is my version of the BB smack Gen 4, I did not use the fill tube to refill the cells in the Gen stack. I just plugged up the center top hole instead.
    I use the tube at the bottom to fill the cells there is a very small hole at the bottom of each plate to equalize the fluid level. It still has the sight windows on it. upper left and the slot vertical slot along the right side.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

This is just the back support plate.

The gasket is curtain material, It's a good Idea to put a piece of the gasket material in the center to stop the plates from shorting together, if they warp from heat.

A sheet of clear lexan goes over this to seal off the viewing slot and the window at the upper left. Then the final end piece go's on.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

The curve is fine. I have been using smacks cells for quite some time. If your unit is torqued enough, there will be no wobble. What I have done is when I go to the home store, I don't buy the individual plates from an open box, I buy an unopened box so that all the plates in the box are from the same series of stamping and they all fit together like a nice puzzle. Don't hammer them flat, you will expand the metal and will NEVER get them to have the tollerances needed to run an efficient cell.