Thread: Container, your thoughts

dlw Guest

Container, your thoughts

I am looking for a container and found this on the net, the one on the bottom right of the picture.

Info here

This is just my two cents, they look soft and like they wont take much heat. If I am correct, then your going to have problems. A soft material implode under the slighest vacuum, especially when heat it applied.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

dlw Guest
    What heat would I be expecting when I build a generator?

The one above can handle up to 80degC, I will probably not be running with vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by dlw View Post
    What heat would I be expecting when I build a generator?

The one above can handle up to 80degC, I will probably not be running with vacuum.

80°C is its max operating temp, that is about 176°F. You shouldnt see themperatures that high, but you will probably see temps around 140°. I imagine that the plastic will soften before it gets close to 80°C. If your going to inject priot to the throttle body, then you will still have a partial vacuum. There are several people including myself that have had PVC style generators melt or warp on us. PVC is rated for about the same temperatures as the container you plan to use.

countryboy18 Guest
    if PVC melts then what is a good container.

justaguy Guest
    I seen a stainless steel thermous with ss lid at walmart today that gave me ideas, only 9.97 They had one that was about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 10 inches tall that I,m thinking about using for a bubbler but i,d rather have something clear . Any good ideas for a bubbler anyone?

countryboy18 Guest
    just make sure that it will seal good if you hook it up to as vacuum line.

If you want to use a round container, then purchase polycarbonate tubing. Its not that expensive, but not as easy to obtain. It wont melt nearly as easy as PVC.