Thread: oxy sensor

Rob Guest

oxy sensor

I am still trying to find the oxy sensor/s on my car. Here are a few photos of my exaust manifold. Can anyone help.

Attachment 333

Attachment 334

Attachment 335

Bigtoyota Guest
    It should be down the exhaust system further, in the head pipe and not the manifold.

Rob Guest
    Just been down under the car & there is nothing else in the line past the mannifold.

Rob Guest
    Ok. I think i found the problem of the car running rough. I had the hose with the hho to far away from the air intake so when i planted my foot it was as if it was the first time the engine was geting the hho. I pushed the hose up further so it is up to the air filter & took the car for a good test drive. When the car was warming up & the cell was turned on it started to run rough then setteld down after a few minutes. Went for a drive & the car ran smooth as, & had a bit more power, i don't know how it went for fuel consumption, i will know more at the end of the week. The only problem i had was the cell heated up to much & started spitting water down the line. I have just changed the mixture inside it & will see how it goes.

& still cant find the oxy sensor

you must bench test your cell before install. its got to be able to run for hours with out getting over 160 degrees. in my opinion a bubbler is a must. without it too much water vapor gets sucked in.

Rob Guest
    I agree totaly with the bubbler. I have loosely packed a couple of cotton balls in the line just at the out side of the bubbler. They catch a fair bit of moisture then it just dribbles back into the bubbler.
    With less bicarb in the mix no water is spitting out of the cell now.

Bigtoyota Guest
    If there's no O2 sensor, are you sure that it's got throttle body fuel injection? It may just have a carb with a lot of electrical sensors to make it LOOK like throttle body fuel injection. I'm not an expert on Nissan's though, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

Rob Guest
    Prety sure it's fuel injected. There is plug in the engine bay that has stuff for, ignition, eng .con & injector qgs .cont. The only one with the plug in it is the injector.

If there is a computer of somesorts reading the oxygen levels, would there be a fuse for it in the fusebox?

If so there is no fuse for it.