Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: adjustable gas production

adjustable gas production

I'm just reading todays posts and things keep flying into my head. Ouch. If an engine is at idle it dosen't need much HHO gas production. On the other hand at highway speeds or full excelleration the engine needs the most production of HHO. Do we have a way to regulate this difference or don't we need to?

Pete

dennis13030 Guest

Variable HHO Output for a Vehicle

I've thought about this for some time now. Give me a little time to do a drawing that will help explain what i came up with.

This idea really counts if the vehicle is to run ONLY on HHO.

ETA is 1 hr.

mneste8718 Guest
    Why should you put a limit on the HHO production? If you're producing a lot of HHO at idle, that should mean that you are using even less gasoline...

Ho Volume Vs Rpm

I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD USE LESS GASOLINE at idle just a much richer mixture of HHO to Gasoline which could be bad for the engine.

Bigtoyota Guest
    I've come up with an idea, although implementing it is another story. Every EFI car has a TPS (throttle position sensor) right? We need to tap into those wires, and create a controller for a DC motor controller to control the amperage, probably with some kind of amplifier in-line because the voltages and amperages at the TPS is rather low.

Or maybe just use the TPS as the potentiometer for the DC motor controller? I'm not quite sure how those work, I'd need an electrical schematic to figure it all out.

It would probably be different resistances per car also, as I'm sure they don't all use the same TPS units. That could be easily remedied at the local Radio Shack for some dime resistors.

Anyone follow me at all?

mneste8718 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltazar View Post
    I DON'T THINK YOU WOULD USE LESS GASOLINE at idle just a much richer mixture of HHO to Gasoline which could be bad for the engine.
    Well how could it be bad on the engine then? The only thing I can imagine is that if you build a huge system, then you might be burning up your alternator but most cars raise their rpms when they sense a high amp draw.

dennis13030 Guest

Variable HHO Output for a Vehicle

See the drawing below and tell me what you guys think.

Dewayne Guest
    I don't have any knowledge on how the ECU in a car operates other than what I have raed on the HHO forums, so this is a guess on my part and makes sence to me.

When you are at an idle the ECU will be checking the exhuast the same as it does while your driving. If it see the exhuast is to rich it will cut back the amount of gasoline it is feeding the engine. As you are prouducing the same amount of HHO at idle same you are at 2200 rpm
    then you will require much less gasoline at idle and you will be using more of the HHO to substaine an idle rpm.

This is just a guess on my part.

I think to much HHO would need the timming retarded. Again, I think all engines fire well before TDC, especially at highway speeds.

The design would probably work. Storage of this stuff (HHO) is BAD. At this point I can't see how to compensate for the lag time of needing and not needing the extra HHO and making it