Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ready made o2 sensor simulators

joshsbrain Guest

ready made o2 sensor simulators

I use these circuits just like an EFIE. The o2 SIM sends a small voltage (1.2) to the car computer and the car lowers the fuel air ration dramatically, about half of normal idle RPMs. You can watch them in action at youtube. just search my name: joshsbrain. im selling ready made ones for 50 plus ship. paypal

Jaxom Guest
    Lying to the computer to force it to lean out the air/fuel mixture is not a good idea, especially to that degree. You'll end up driving the combustion temps up dramatically. If you're lucky the programming in the ECM will set a failure code on the O2 and keep it from running so lean that it does damage, if you're not lucky you can expect to burn your valves or worse.

You can get away with doing this in small amounts but a constant 1.2v signal from the O2 will cause the computer to lean out as much as it possibly can.

joshsbrain Guest

jaxom

did you watch the video? its not a constant 1.2v. it is a loop that shuts off when the pcm recieves the signal shortly after startup. no burned rings and no error code.

DrBrown Guest
    ??? Ummm narrowband O2's only read up to 1.0v. So why would you send an additional 1.2v to the ECU? That would tell the ECU to cut out all fuel, even if its only a pulsing signal. Afterall the o2's dont have a constant pulse to the ECU, its every second or so. I'm not knocking the product but I think the COSM is better.

Dewayne Guest
    Where can I find info on the COSM-III?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    Lying to the computer to force it to lean out the air/fuel mixture is not a good idea, especially to that degree. You'll end up driving the combustion temps up dramatically. If you're not lucky you can expect to burn your valves or worse.
    lol

I have a couple valves suffering from high combustion temps while my fuel system wasn't working correctly. Shit sucks.

joshsbrain Guest

o2 sim

Quote Originally Posted by DrBrown View Post
    ??? Ummm narrowband O2's only read up to 1.0v. So why would you send an additional 1.2v to the ECU? That would tell the ECU to cut out all fuel, even if its only a pulsing signal. Afterall the o2's dont have a constant pulse to the ECU, its every second or so. I'm not knocking the product but I think the COSM is better.
    ok its not an additional 1.2v, its just 1.2v and its every 3.3 seconds not constant. hope this clears things up for you.

joshsbrain Guest

burned valves

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom240 View Post
    lol

I have a couple valves suffering from high combustion temps while my fuel system wasn't working correctly. Shit sucks.
    hho systems are only supplements. If you try to squeeze too much out, the valve rings will burn, including plugs. check out the new bmw 7 series hydrogen.

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsbrain View Post
    hho systems are only supplements. If you try to squeeze too much out, the valve rings will burn, including plugs. check out the new bmw 7 series hydrogen.
    What in the heck are valve rings????

futureofhho Guest

Exclamation a/f ratios are variable for a reason

depending barometric pressure, ambient temp, fuel type, ignition timing, elevation, blah,blah,blah- the computer needs to be able to see various voltages/cycles to compensate for conditions. o2 enhancers are awesome if you know your a/f ratio...otherwise your asking for it. You got to undestand what they are for and how not to damage peoples stuff ....best ive found are the wide band performance 02's with a/f meter (manually reprogrammable)
    ...the more you know.