Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital Amp Meter LCD ??

Atechguy Guest

Question Digital Amp Meter LCD ??

HI! I am am getting closer to having all parts necessary for my HHO install , its looking real professional, ,I have a new digital amp meter lcd , do i need any protection or added resistance when i connect this up ?? I will be using accessory power , It is designed to work on 9-12vdc or ac power , and will be shunted across the postive cable to Cell?? May eventually put it in the Dash .

You shouldnt as long as you follow the instructions. Where did you get the ammeter?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Atechguy View Post
    HI! I am am getting closer to having all parts necessary for my HHO install , its looking real professional, ,I have a new digital amp meter lcd , do i need any protection or added resistance when i connect this up ?? I will be using accessory power , It is designed to work on 9-12vdc or ac power , and will be shunted across the postive cable to Cell?? May eventually put it in the Dash .
    Can you show a pix of it?

Atechguy Guest
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-1-2-Green-LED-D...nel-Meter-HERE IT IS Shunt-DC-50A_W0QQitemZ370068372297QQihZ024QQcategoryZ25411Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dennis13030 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Atechguy View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/3-1-2-Green-LED-D...nel-Meter-HERE IT IS Shunt-DC-50A_W0QQitemZ370068372297QQihZ024QQcategoryZ25411Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    That link does not seem to work.

Ebay responds with "Page Not Responding"

Atechguy Guest

dennis13030 Guest
    If this Amp meter is going into the vehicle, then order the 12VDC version.

You will need to keep the SHUNT very clean and dry to maintain accuracy. It's a nice unit. The SHUNT is installed "inline" with the 12V that is used to power the electrolyzer. See my edited drawing.

The other two lines get +12V and Ground(negative side of the battery). Make certain of the polarities on everything before attaching power.

Atechguy Guest
    Dennis this works on ac or dc 9to 12vdc, thanks for your help.

dennis13030 Guest
    Does the unit have switches to select the working power?

The Ebay instructions say "Please specify" in the notes.

Atechguy Guest
    NO , Switches on unit.