Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a few test

mikestrikes Guest

Just a few test

Try'd my small 9 plate unit today, warmed it up for about 30 min and swapped polarity to see if one made more or not, at first it was -nnn+nnn- then +nnn-nnn+ .... then checked voltage "battery was at 12.3v" and then checked what the current draw was..

LMAO, i like the sig!!!!! What did your test conclude?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Doesn't look very productive, in all honesty.

mikestrikes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom240 View Post
    Doesn't look very productive, in all honesty.

Its little man............. 3/4" by 5" LOL..

Well from what I can tell it puts out about the same amount ether way and I cant use a multimeter for crap........... I didnt think it was pulling that much power so hooked up a fuse.
    Blow'd a 2amp............5amp lasted for 3 hours till I dump'd in ALOT of baking soda..... ALOT !

Blow'd the 5amp so I put in a 10amp and it run till I cut it off to come in tonight. MAN that thing started to put out ALOT more than what is in the video. Got hot but not so bad I couldnt put my hand in it.....

SO for atleast this unit I can add in a 1/4 cup of Baking Soda to a little less than 1/2 gal of city water....... and it wont pull 10 amps. Next I need to check output...

mikestrikes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    LMAO, i like the sig!!!!!
    Glad I could help....

mikestrikes Guest
    How do I read amps from my multimeter ? What setting and what to hook it up to ?

I have used it for years but thats one thing I never needed to use it for, now I dont have my manual and just plan lost at it..

You have to move the red lead to the far right hole, then switch the meter to the amp setting. Usually it reads as 10A ac or dc

Edit: actually it looks like the one on thr far left on your meter.

mikestrikes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    You have to move the red lead to the far right hole, then switch the meter to the amp setting. Usually it reads as 10A ac or dc
    OK I did that and it didnt read anything.... must have a fuse blow'd inside. yeah boy something else to take apart and tinker with..... LOL

When you read amps, you go inline with the power cable. The red lead to the generator and black lead to the power cable.

It looks like your amp reading settings are at the 9 o'clock position on your meter also.

I realize it is a small cell... but I mean the gas didn't seem to be produced evenly over the cell, but rather the center plates seemed to make the gas.