Thread: Map sensor adjustments on Diesals?

Bwanar Guest

Map sensor adjustments on Diesals?

OK...got my map sensor installed on my truck. The enhancer seems to be operating properly but doesn't seem to effect the idle. Normally reading @.6. I can adjust it down to 0 and it doesn't change the idle at all. Anyone know if this is just a charactoristic of diesels? FYI this is a 1999 F250 w/7.3 TD. Thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwanar View Post
    OK...got my map sensor installed on my truck. The enhancer seems to be operating properly but doesn't seem to effect the idle. Normally reading @.6. I can adjust it down to 0 and it doesn't change the idle at all. Anyone know if this is just a charactoristic of diesels? FYI this is a 1999 F250 w/7.3 TD. Thanks in advance for your help!
    Just so you know we are not ignoring you. I have a diesil truck as well, but have not had to make adjustments to the motor or sensors. So, I dont have the required information your asking for.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Bwanar Guest
    Figured knowone with the info had read this yet. Do you not have a MAP or MAF sensor? I was told that if these were present, you had to have an enhancer otherwise the computer (ECU) would detect a lean mix with addition of the HHO and actually dump more fuel.

I have a maf, but have not adjusted anything on my truck. You can try the gen w/o making any adjustments as I have. I recieved 7 mpg increase on my dodge.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG