Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Working Units in Louisiana?

Tankbuster Guest

Any Working Units in Louisiana?

I am in south Louisiana I would Like to see one In Action.

Louisiana

Well, I live in shreveport and will have mine working within the next day or two. I have it installed in my truck, just need to wire it up.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hey Stratous..let us all know how it goes. I, for one would be very interested! What plate configuration are you using? Did you overcome the heat problems? Amperage draw? Where do you connect to on the engine side? All the best..

Louisiana

Ok, my first post gen fill up yielded a 4mpg increase in fuel economy. I went from 17 mpg to 21.3 mpg. Not as much of an increase as I would like, but anything is good.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Thats awesome when you consider the engine size. I am of the opinion that with todays fuel prices anything we can do to help ourselves has to be good, right! Keep it up, my poor little 1600cc Golf went from 10kms per litre to 16, so I its all good. I think that checking your tyres and learning to drive economically is also a great help dont you? All the best.

ford150 Guest
    i to live in shreveport and i'm in the process of building a hydrostar unit for my 98 f150

i'm in Slidell, and I'm starting work on a unit as well.

Shreveport

I live in bossier city, we should get together sometime and compare. I am currently building units for other people. I am curious to see what the hydrostar looks like.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I live in bossier city, we should get together sometime and compare. I am currently building units for other people. I am curious to see what the hydrostar looks like.
    Stratous, what materials did you use to make the housing? Something that size and shape will work well with the space I'm allotted.

Which unit are you talking about? The one in my sig or the clear ones I am selling to others?
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG