On my way to work this afternoon, I was thinking about the situation of the hydrogen and oxygen bubbles being attracted to the electrodes and the subsequent issues with getting the newly created O and H molecules to let go of the electrodes and head off to where we need it. The main attracting factor (please correct me if needed, this is just an idea) seems to be the polarity, i.e. we know that the O is attracted to the positive electrode and the H to the negative.

What if a system was built that alternated the polarity of the electrodes, i.e. continually swapping which electrodes got the positive feed and which got the negative. My thought here is that when the polarity changed, the H and O molecules would then be attracted to the opposite electrode. If the switch was only for a few microseconds, this might effectively dislodge the molecules and start them on their way to the intake manifold.

I was thinking that it could be as simple as alternating the polarity for just a microsecond every second. A circuit of some description may be required, I even thought about a simpler solution using a rotor and brushes.

Has anyone else thought about this or tried it? Does anyone have any input or thoughts to share?

Russ.