Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel Plate Design

you2wire Guest

Exclamation Stainless Steel Plate Design

Ok
    I am in the process of create my HHO cell, but before i starting working on it on the weekend and wanted to map out some designs i though would work. attached are 5 designs that i created but i not shure they will work based on the principal of making HHO gas they should but you never know until you actaul make it.

My question is based on my 5 design which one do you think will perform the best.

I have already bought the the stainless steel plates which are actually switch covers from lowes and other parts.

Parts list

(18) stainless steel switch cover - 4.5in X 2.5 ins
    (2) 4in PVC pipe - 1ft long
    all the reducers

The Red indicates Positive
    The Black indicates Negative

dennis13030 Guest
    The first two are good because there is room for more water above the plates. The last one is nice because there is more plates.

Given this choices, I would select the last one.

All of these designs may have a heat problem. You may need to put 3 neutral plates between each pair of POS/NEG plates.

Also, NICE DRAWINGS!

on the last drawing, i would only put 2 "N" plates between if your planning to run in series. 3 if going parallel
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

rmptr Guest
    If you go with the Smack style electrical connection you'll worry less about liquid leaks.

Best

you2wire Guest
    Please can you explain more about this Neutral Plate.
    I am guesting that the neutral plate is conected to neither + or - plates is free standing but why?

Neutral Plate suggestion would be if I started from the outside -+-N+-+ N +-+N-+- (last design) would this work.

The last design has 2 cell systems that i will put in a 1/2' plexi glass box customer made. I was thinking it would in a box that would be 12'L X 8'W X 10H.

I will redraw the design with the Neutral plate and also design a Bubbler and tell me if it would work.

NOTE: I have never done this before i have no electrical or engineering background. I just like the concept of HHO

you2wire Guest
    As promised here is the update design with the Neutral Plate

dennis13030 Guest
    You are getting closer.

"+" represents an anode, connection to the positive terminal of the battery.
    "-" represents a cathode, connection to the negative terminal of the battery.
    "N" or "n" represents a neutral, is not connected to the battery but sits in between an anode and cathode.

Try one of these configurations

+NNNN- and -NNNN+
    or
    +NNN-NNN+NNN-
    or
    +NN-NN+NN-NN+

cougar gt-e Guest
    SO, can someone explain what the "N" plates are doing? Is there any gass from them? If so --> why so?

Please don't direct me to a utube video as my dial up connection just can't take it.

nuetral plate purpose

You should read these post, it will help understand nuetral plates.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread....hlight=nuetral

There are alot more post that talk about N plates, do a search and it will reveal a ton of information.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

dennis13030 Guest
    I do not fully understand how the netural plates work. However, I think what they do is divide the total charge among the newly formed number of cells. There seems to be a reaction curve associated with the current through a single cell. This reaction curve is similar to a voltage-current curve of a diode. With a diode(or cell), as voltage increases there is initially very little current until the voltage reaches a threshold then current increases very rapidly. The biggest differences between a diode and a cell are;

1. Where the threshold is(diode=0.7V, cell=approximately 2.0V).
    2. How broad the curve is near the thresholds(diode=sharp curve, cell=broad curve).
    3. A diode blocks current in the reverse direction. A cell does not.

So lets say you start with two plates and 12V. You should be getting lots of current and heat and a fair amount of gas production. Next, you insert 3 neutral plates in between the original plates. Now You should be getting much less current and heat and about the same amount of gas production.