Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standards

Standards

I just found this forum last night, it's great that so many people believe in this. I plan on being here, sharing and learning till I get it right

Throughout my reading here, I can't help saying, that so many people aren't using the same standards for reporting results. Weather it's plate size, number of plates, spacing of plates or space inbetween plates,electrolite composition, liters per min. of HHO produced, amps at liters per min, temp at amps. Theres just to many varables. Tell all the facts about your research. Yup, thats what it is research and since were sharing we need to replicate results accurately.

My reason for being here is to increse the mpg of my 5.3 liter GMC.

I've Googled HHO and read everything I could find. My opinion is that a v8 engine will need about 2-3 liters of HHO per min to reduce gasoilne consumption. From what I can see there in no limit to how much HHO an engine will run on, weather it's a 4 or 8 cylinder engine.

PWM's: Pulse width modulators are necessary when you get up to the higher amp ratings. HHO production at the 2-3 liter level requires higher amps and or seried cells to produce it. Higher generator temps are bad.

Fuel injected engines need oxygen sensor tweeking. Not just to keep the computer from enriching the gasoline to oxygen level of the exhaust but to reduce the gasoline input overall. I don't think it should be thought of as reducing the gasoline to meet the HHO production. I would want to reduce the gasoline level lower to rely on HHO more.

Those of you that don't think you need oxygen sensor tweeking aren't making enough HHO in your generators, your engine will take more and you'll get better mpg for doing it.

Last but not least the electrolites that come out of HHO generators made with stainless steel plates contains hexavaliant cromeum (i know thats spelt wrong) this is really BAD STUFF. Dispose of properly. Were here to help the enviroment not to screw it up more. Can you say nasty nasty cancers and genitic defects in your unborne children.

I'm going to start with getting 2-3 liters per min out of a generator. Lets see how long that takes.

Pete

You dont need 3 liters per minute. Not that 3 liters per minute would be bad, but its not absolutely neccessary. 1.5 LPM is good for a 5.3 liter. I run a 5.9 liter and about 1.5LPM of HHO has increased my fuel economy.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

rmptr Guest
    Thank you Boltazar.

Please post source information.

I personally met a young woman who suffered severely from poisoning by hexavalent chromium which was publicized in a lawsuit against PG&E.

She was a walking wreck.
    Not sure if she is walking any longer. I doubt it.

Gentlemen, the 800lb gorilla could be at the door.

Thanks again Bolt... this is info we NEED to know!

...Elsewhere, people are promoting 'happy water' from the bubbler for consumption!...

geobushono Guest

Hexavalent Chromium

hexavalent chromium
    Gentlemen, the 800lb gorilla could be at the door.

I agree that we had better find a (standardized ?) way to dispose of this in a manner that will satisfy the EPA.
    The hammer will come down hard at some point, and the community needs to come together on this dangerous chemical that is integral to our projects.

I don't know how much *this* has been addressed, but when BP and Shell decide to talk to their people at EPA, we better have our ducks in a row.

Health Effects of Hexavalent Chromium -- Googel

Stratos I think there's a difference between a commingsl and a gasoline engine as far as compression goes. I heard that the car engines from the 60's and 70's were more efficient than todays engines. Now the cars are just smaller and lighter. If our engines had higher compression and HHO generators we'd get much better MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Boltazar View Post
    Stratos I think there's a difference between a commingsl and a gasoline engine as far as compression goes. I heard that the car engines from the 60's and 70's were more efficient than todays engines. Now the cars are just smaller and lighter. If our engines had higher compression and HHO generators we'd get much better MPG
    Yes there is a massive difference, I have a turbo which compresses air into my cylider at a very high rate. The compression ratio is about 17:1 on this engine. That means that 1.5LPM in my engine is a lower ratio than it would be in your engine. 3 liters per minute is easily done, but its not easily maintained. Making 3LPM will require probably 40 amps or more unless we find a better way to crack water. The purpose of the hho isnt to replace the fuel, its to assist the more effective burn of fuel. If you inject to much HHO into your engine you can actually cause damage. The HHO burns completely before the gas does. HHO burns like 300 times faster and has 3.5 times the energy of gasoline. If a large enough burn takes place while the piston is still traveling up, bad things can happen.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

If you inject to much HHO into your engine you can actually cause damage. The HHO burns completely before the gas does. HHO burns like 300 times faster and has 3.5 times the energy of gasoline. If a large enough burn takes place while the piston is still traveling up, bad things can happen.

Stratous

I think your rite. Most engines fire before top dead center with added hydrogen a later ignition timming might be needed. I also read that stainless steel valves can be purchased to replace rusted steel ones.

Pete

justaguy Guest
    Boltazar, PG&E as in Erin Brockovich? Ok, what oil company do you work for?

rmptr Guest
    justaguy, it was me who threw PG&E out there...

The gal I met was wife of a PG&E lineman.
    Long job out in the desert... near Edwards, CA , I think.

They lived in a mobile at a company maintained site with others for a number of years while a bunch of work was being done.

She came down sick after moving over to this coastal area and began wasting away from all kinds of odd afflictions that could not be explained.

In the end it had something to do with contaminated well water. I think.

It was the Erin Brokovitch thing in Hinkley, near Barstow.

It's all common info, now.

I just was unaware hex chrome was side product of SS in electrolyte.
    I WILL check it out.

Best