Thread: EFIE usage question

Gtech Guest

EFIE usage question

Okay, lets say I install an HHO system for someone else with on an EFIE and all is good. I give the unit to the person and he runs out of electrolyte. Is there a fail safe so if there is no hydrogen beign produced, the EFIE will shut off and let the computer do the work?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtech View Post
    Okay, lets say I install an HHO system for someone else with on an EFIE and all is good. I give the unit to the person and he runs out of electrolyte. Is there a fail safe so if there is no hydrogen beign produced, the EFIE will shut off and let the computer do the work?
    You could use a relay...

Put a screw into the electrolyte such that it is close to the +12v plate. As the electrolyte level drops below the screw, the voltage potential would go away, thereby disengaging the relay.

--
    Some days I get the sinking feeling that Orwell was an optimist!

Wow qhack thats a great idea does it work i wouldnt have thought e-lyte wouldnt have carried enough to close the relay. This is an awsome idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-Hack! View Post
    You could use a relay...

Put a screw into the electrolyte such that it is close to the +12v plate. As the electrolyte level drops below the screw, the voltage potential would go away, thereby disengaging the relay.

How would you put the shut off for a dry cell, as your picture is for a wet cell? Thanks, John