Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Plates Available Soon

Exclamation Custom Plates Available Soon

I will be purchasing a 4 x 8 sheet of 304 soon and I will likely be pre cutting and drilling/tapping plates to various sizes. Most of which will be for sale on Ebay to help recover my costs ($375 for the sheet).

Though it will be reasonably priced on Ebay, custom plates will be made available significantly cheaper here in the community.

I need to work up the profits on other endeavors before I can get the sheet so it may take a week or two before it is ordered, then an additional week before I can get my hands on it and begin fabricating the plates as it takes up to 5 business days for the local distributer to get it.

316L is my first choice of course, but its just to expensive - maybe after I work up some profit from the first sheet.

Loans are being offered to me from family members because of the intrest that is developing, so maybe if there is enough intrest in the material (Pre-sale) then I just may take them up on the offers.

I dont want to build complete kits because of my inexperience so far, but I believe in the technology, and I have a whopper of a work shop in my garage so I will sell what I know will work for experimenters and experts alike and make it easier for folks to get a hold of the materials necessary at a VERY affordable price.

If anyone is interested, please respond to this thread, or email me at computerclinic@atlasok.com ---NO SPAM PLEASE!!!
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Where are you buying the sheet from? I may want to do this with you as well.

http://www.alro.com/SECLocations/locations_tu.cfm

This is the local distrib in my area

http://www.alro.com/SECLocations/location3.cfm

Here is the list of all locations they have avail. If you look and call around a bit, you will likely find a steel distributer in your area if Alro is not close to you.
    "You don't always have to know ALL the answers, but you do need to know where to find them."

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    How much is SS on average?

It varies greatly on the type of SS, the gauge, size of the sheet and the location of your local distributer. The 304 Im looking to start out with will run me about $375 out of pocket, plus I have to pick it up. (Heavy and bulky stuff)

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    It varies greatly on the type of SS, the gauge, size of the sheet and the location of your local distributer. The 304 Im looking to start out with will run me about $375 out of pocket, plus I have to pick it up. (Heavy and bulky stuff)
    How big of a sheet/guage as well.

4' x 8' -- 14 Gauge -- 304 SS

ELECTR0N3RD Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by computerclinic View Post
    4' x 8' -- 14 Gauge -- 304 SS
    ouch, that sruff IS expensive, lol, let me build up some money once i get a job at el taco bell, lol, also im selling HHO generators.

In bulk it is kind of expensive, but when you are breaking the sheet down into plates, the plates can be sold off at an inexpensive rate.

lou Guest
    How many units will a sheet make?

And ck into industrial auctions you may be surprised and find some up for auction. Often find big boxes of scrap metal and sheets by the pallet, walk off with much more than a sheet and the cost you talking. IMHO