Thread: question on vector circuit?

question on vector circuit?

i've just orderd my parts for the vexus circuit. for low voltage power supply i'm gonna use my mains for bench testing. i'll be feeding 120 volts ac into a large 120/480 transformer and than rectifing it with a 30 amp 600 volt full wave bridge rectifier feeding a 470 uf and a 22 uf capasitor. for my inducter i'm gonna use a large heavy U shape ferrite core with 15 wraps of #14 copper stranded( do you think its enough resistance? ) my nte517 diode is rated at 15,000 volts, I ordered four of them, not sure if I should put a couple in series. I don't have my automotive ignition coil yet and i'm not sure how far I should go with the output voltage of the coil. I plan on eventually using a big marine or tractor battery with a heavy duty inverter for my power supply once i've bench tested this beast and don't want to dammage the inverter. I plan on using a marine non-resitor spark plug and using an ultrasonic humidifier to mist water vapor into the plasma ball. what do you guys think?

alpha-dog Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oicu812 View Post
    i've just orderd my parts for the vexus circuit. for low voltage power supply i'm gonna use my mains for bench testing. i'll be feeding 120 volts ac into a large 120/480 transformer and than rectifing it with a 30 amp 600 volt full wave bridge rectifier feeding a 470 uf and a 22 uf capasitor. for my inducter i'm gonna use a large heavy U shape ferrite core with 15 wraps of #14 copper stranded( do you think its enough resistance? ) my nte517 diode is rated at 15,000 volts, I ordered four of them, not sure if I should put a couple in series. I don't have my automotive ignition coil yet and i'm not sure how far I should go with the output voltage of the coil. I plan on eventually using a big marine or tractor battery with a heavy duty inverter for my power supply once i've bench tested this beast and don't want to dammage the inverter. I plan on using a marine non-resitor spark plug and using an ultrasonic humidifier to mist water vapor into the plasma ball. what do you guys think?
    How much resistance are you wanting on your inductor ( 15 wraps may only be about .001 ohms )? I would prefer to use magnetic solid core wire on the inductor.

thanks alfa dog. unfortunatly in the plans it dosen't say how much resistance to use. have you built a vexus circuit? if so maybe I could copy your plans.