The Lowes stores in my city do not carry the famous Roebic that everyone is using and the best similar product I could find was ZEP crystal drain cleaner. The back contents said it was specifically sodium hydroxide and thats the only ingredient listed. Has anyone else tried this stuff? Its little blue grainy looking stuff. I just built my first cell and I have it breaking in at the moment. I have a battery charging on the 10 amp mode and the battery is taking ~4.4 amps. So at 12v and 4.4 amps the cell was making hardly any bubbles with tap water @ 65 degrees F. I tried adding ~1/4 tbsp naoh and it still didnt do much. Then I slowly added more naoh and finally got more bubbles. Im at ~3/4 tbsp of electrolyte in my pvc container and its getting to the point where its fizzing but the output is very weak. Its been running low power for an hour and is now luke warm. Is the low output due to not enough electrolyte?? Just curious if this brand NaOH is the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!