Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY - Hydrogen Cell - Phase - I Completed.

tbhavsar Guest

DIY - Hydrogen Cell - Phase - I Completed.

FYI - I have finished phase I of my cell and it is producing hydrogen; but the production is slow; 500ml per 6 minutes.

My Config is: -nnnn+nnnn-; with 1/8 gap. Attached are the pics; Further comments/Input to improve overall design and gas production are welcomed. Attached are the photos.

http://picasaweb.google.com/tbhavsar...ogenCellPhaseI

Thanks

mneste8718 Guest
    What electrolyte are you using and how much? What amperage are you getting with such low production?

tbhavsar Guest
    Thanks for prompt reply; I am using Baking Soda;1/2 spoon in 1/2 gal. of distilled water. Also I am planning to use KOH or NnOH but I can not find it. It is available as part of drainage removal chemicals but I would like to use it in its pure form.

mneste8718 Guest
    To get KOH, look for websites of companies that sell soap making supplies. They usually will have KOH... baking soda is just not good...

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mneste8718 View Post
    To get KOH, look for websites of companies that sell soap making supplies. They usually will have KOH... baking soda is just not good...
    Point taken, I will get it. Thanks again.

At lowes, you can buy pure NaOH. Its the only ingrediant in the drain cleaner made by roebic. Its called crystal drain cleaner.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    At lowes, you can buy pure NaOH. Its the only ingrediant in the drain cleaner made by roebic. Its called crystal drain cleaner.
    Stratous,

Thanks for your reply; I have two questions on your design...

(1) In you design with 2 parallel and 2 series, how does is makes difference (with ref. heat generation & amp usage)? Since the container does not have compartment for each cell. I guess your goal is to improve gas productivity with less heat. Also can you please post your MPG gain or direct me to another post that you may have posted?

(2) Also I would like to know how you made your electrical container water proof; I got one from home depot, used the gasket that came with hit to try out.... but the water leaks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Stratous,

Thanks for your reply; I have two questions on your design...

(1) In you design with 2 parallel and 2 series, how does is makes difference (with ref. heat generation & amp usage)? Since the container does not have compartment for each cell. I guess your goal is to improve gas productivity with less heat. Also can you please post your MPG gain or direct me to another post that you may have posted?

(2) Also I would like to know how you made your electrical container water proof; I got one from home depot, used the gasket that came with hit to try out.... but the water leaks.

Thanks
    I went from 17.7 mpg to 24.3 mpg on my dodge diesel truck. Originally I had no problems with the container, but later as heat took its effect I had to make modifications to the lid. See this thread. http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=40
    The only reason I used the 2 Parallel, 2 series design is because of production. It produces alot of hho, but it gets hot quickly. I have to cool it down with a water pump and 20' of hose. Eventually, I will build 4 seperate containers and wire them in the same way. It should work just about as good as my current configuration. The only other thing I did to the lid of my electrical box thats not shown, is I purchased some weather strip from advanced auto. It is sticky on one side and is abou 1/4" thick. It works well and keeps the box sealed.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    I went from 17.7 mpg to 24.3 mpg on my dodge diesel truck. Originally I had no problems with the container, but later as heat took its effect I had to make modifications to the lid. See this thread. http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=40
    The only reason I used the 2 Parallel, 2 series design is because of production. It produces alot of hho, but it gets hot quickly. I have to cool it down with a water pump and 20' of hose. Eventually, I will build 4 seperate containers and wire them in the same way. It should work just about as good as my current configuration. The only other thing I did to the lid of my electrical box thats not shown, is I purchased some weather strip from advanced auto. It is sticky on one side and is abou 1/4" thick. It works well and keeps the box sealed.
    Thanks Statous, I appreciate your prompt reply. I am planning to make few cells in series to bring down heat/amp usage.

Ronjinsan Guest
    Hi are you planning to run this cell on a vacuum? Oh And are the 2 connecting rods copper?