Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running an Engine completley off of HHO

ranger2.3 Guest

Running an Engine completley off of HHO

Has any body ran an engine completley off of HHO yet?

rmptr Guest
    All I've seen are claims...

Seems it would be difficult for the variable throttle setting needed in motoring a vehicle down the road in traffic.

Far easier to accomplish for stationary engine at a fixed rpm, I think.

Instead of being reliant upon vacuum, in an inverse ratio to demand,
    an air pump, such as for an aquarium could force air INTO cell and be metered at the intake????

Best

Or having a responsive cell on a PWM which increases the frequency of pulses in proportion to engine RPM.

volomike Guest
    Seems possible. I've heard of this with motorcycles so it could very well drive a car that way. However, the battery is what drives the entire HHO process, and you lose energy in that process as it goes through ohm loss on the wiring and so on. Yes, the HHO helps put back power on the battery, but then that drains the engine power back a little.

So, ultimately you would require recharging of your battery because there is no free energy going on here with HHO -- just a boost of existing fuel combustion in the case of mixing with petrol or gaseous fuels, or, in absence of those, a drain on your battery.

What's neat about HHO is that it sort of makes an electric car out of a traditional petrol-based one. If you run on pure HHO, then the only thing you have to charge up every night is the battery, which is cheap and about the most fuel efficient type of power consumption there is. And it lets you utilize an existing, traditional, petrol-based engine. Now, given a completely electric motor driven car, removing HHO out of the picture seems actually more powerful than using it. But who can afford one of those? Not me.

tbhavsar Guest

mneste8718 Guest
    I'm just wondering if the electrolytes that we use could potentially supply enough energy for the electrolyte to become the fuel rather than the gasoline.

I mean it seems that the KOH gets depleted after use and the energy must go somewhere and perhaps it could be enough so that we get enough HHO to be able to sustain a running car.

If someone has the numbers on how much energy the KOH releases, that would definitely help in figuring out what's the deal.

FruitJablanski Guest
    It's clear why stanley/herman made the water fuel injector and installed it at the spark plug.

mneste8718 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitJablanski View Post
    It's clear why stanley/herman made the water fuel injector and installed it at the spark plug.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Uk511S_I&feature=related

volomike Guest
    Not that I don't doubt cold fusion might somehow be possible, and it would be wonderful it did. Not that I don't doubt that HHO generation might one day be possible to be altered in some fantastic way that once it is set in motion, it can replenish it's own draw (even just a little) on the battery amperage even without gasoline fuel by burning up HHO or hydrogen -- it's just that I am skeptical as I should be until I see something that amazes me and the experiment is shared so that others can try it and see for themselves some new atomic or quantum law in effect.

mneste8718 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by volomike View Post
    Not that I don't doubt cold fusion might somehow be possible, and it would be wonderful it did. Not that I don't doubt that HHO generation might one day be possible to be altered in some fantastic way that once it is set in motion, it can replenish it's own draw (even just a little) on the battery amperage even without gasoline fuel by burning up HHO or hydrogen -- it's just that I am skeptical as I should be until I see something that amazes me and the experiment is shared so that others can try it and see for themselves some new atomic or quantum law in effect.

Well then drop a spark plug in water and supply high voltage to it