Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HHO Torch ?..

crazyfazy Guest

Question HHO Torch ?..

I've been experimenting with an hho torch setup with some sucess, but have been having some problems with backflash. I'm using a spark arrestor with the bronze wool and even have two check valves in place, but still get a backflash. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there any way to completely eliminate the backflash problems? Thanks for any help here!

see if the magnet trick works and run 2 lines, one for the H the other for the O and recombine before the head.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

crazyfazy Guest

Question

...I'm not sure what you mean or how that's done. I don't know how to seperate the H from the O. Can you elaborate a little or give me a link that can show me how this is done? Thanks.

someone on here suggested that you could use a magnet to pull to 2 gasses to either side of a larger tube. one gas would go to the N pole and the other the S pole.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

my torch is working perfectly, no flash back problems at all. what kind of torch tip are you using? I ordered all my parts from http://www.h2extreme.com/catalog.asp...,6,7,8,9,10,13

I would also think that the tip size in racio to the preasure at the tip would make the difference. Use a bubbler to catch flash back, hydrogen burns too fast for a valve or metal mesh

crazyfazy Guest
    I'm using a .030 mig welding tip. I put together a torch like some of the ones seen on the net...ball valve, around a 4 or 5" piece of pipe stuffed with bronze wool and 2 check valves. I can get a small flame to burn but usually end up in a backflash. Should I maybe try a smaller diameter tip??

crazyfazy Guest
    I just checked out the site you listed oicu812. From what I've seen, it seems I'm using way too large of a tip. I'll try a smaller one and see how that works. Thanks!

Whats your HHO out put and what preasure are you pushing

crazyfazy Guest
    ...that, I am not sure of. I haven't made a flow meter yet, nor do I have a pressure gauge. I admit these are very important factors I must check and monitor, but in the meantime, could you give me a target to shoot for? What are acceptable outputs and pressures to effectively run a torch? Thanks.