Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3LPM No Gain, Lots of foam

richardb200373 Guest

Exclamation 3LPM No Gain, Lots of foam

Hi guys, I've got a little issue here. I have a dry cell that is pushing 3LPM plus. Bench tested it, worked great. Hooked everything up to the vehicle, no increase in mpg. I have a bubbler/tank only, no bubbler after yet, ordered one, slow to ship. Anyway, I went about 10 miles, stoped and noticed foam in the line, luckily, I have a small inline fuel filter right before going into the intake. So, I drained a little bit of my solution (1/2 cup KOH per gallon) , thought I might have had it too full. Went another 10 miles and the tank was half full of bubbles/foam and pushing up to the intake, shut it down and came home. Are the bubbles bad? I'm going to rinse out the cell and tank tomorrow.
    Also, I have an efie from fuelsaver. I had it adjusted at about 0.20 volts added as they recommend. I remember someone on here saying the went the other way on it, well I went the wrong way - went to 0.40, he said he went 0.040 and got good results. By the way, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 with a 4.0L 6 cylinder. I figured with 3+LPM I would have been rockin! Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Forgot to add this: I'm pulling a lot of amps, somewhere around 50 probably, not sure, but I do have a 132 amp alternator.

As for the foam from the KOH, yes, this is *BAD* ... if it gets into your engine it will eat any aluminum it finds.

Here's what to do about it:

1) Get some screen door mesh or similar material that allows gas to pass but will hold back the foam and put it under the exit hose from your gen.

2) Install a bubbler and fill it with distilled white vinegar

KOH can get into the HHO gas even without foam being produced, the tell tale sign is the white mist you see from the hose. This is KOH in with the water vapour.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

richardb200373 Guest
    Ok, thanks Painless. I have some of the black plastic screen if that is what you are talking about. Do you mean stuff a little bit in the hose where it comes out on top part of dry cell? My bubbler should be in today, should have been in last week! Thanks for the help.

I didn't stuff mine into the hose itself, I took a piece about 8 by 8 inches and folded it over and over until it was small enough to fit into the top of my reservoir (3" tubing). The folding is important as it improves the filtering. Putting it inside the hose itself might result in it ending up in your bubbler or causing a blockage.
    2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L - 16.5 mpg stock
    My thread Painless Experiment in HHO

Quote Originally Posted by richardb200373 View Post
    Hi guys, I've got a little issue here. I have a dry cell that is pushing 3LPM plus. Bench tested it, worked great. Hooked everything up to the vehicle, no increase in mpg. I have a bubbler/tank only, no bubbler after yet, ordered one, slow to ship. Anyway, I went about 10 miles, stoped and noticed foam in the line, luckily, I have a small inline fuel filter right before going into the intake. So, I drained a little bit of my solution (1/2 cup KOH per gallon) , thought I might have had it too full. Went another 10 miles and the tank was half full of bubbles/foam and pushing up to the intake, shut it down and came home. Are the bubbles bad? I'm going to rinse out the cell and tank tomorrow.
    Also, I have an efie from fuelsaver. I had it adjusted at about 0.20 volts added as they recommend. I remember someone on here saying the went the other way on it, well I went the wrong way - went to 0.40, he said he went 0.040 and got good results. By the way, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 with a 4.0L 6 cylinder. I figured with 3+LPM I would have been rockin! Any suggestions? Thanks.
    Forgot to add this: I'm pulling a lot of amps, somewhere around 50 probably, not sure, but I do have a 132 amp alternator.

Do you have it hooked to engine vacuum?

dont forget that most foam is from over heating, might be pushing to many amps.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

richardb200373 Guest
    Hydrotinkerer, I have it hooked up only on air intake about 3 or 4 inches from the actual intake.

richardb200373 Guest

Lightbulb Foam problem

Ok guys, I think I figured out the foam problem. I bought a cheap Mickey Mouse overflow reservoir/bubbler for my dry cell from auto zone.
    1. Then top is only a snap on type with a gasket, great if you have a back fire, it will blow right off with out damage, down side, if you don't have the gasket positioned just right, it won't seal right, and then it still is'nt air tight so you lose a little hho.
    2. The drain hole at the bottom is just big enough for 3/8 hose, but small enough for 1/4 maybe too. It is too small and does not let out enough water back to the cell.

Therefore, this hot rod cell is pushing out a lot of gas and water, way faster than water is coming back in ; I think that is where the bubbles came from, not enough water in cell during operation.

My fix: I just ordered a tank on ebay for like 35 bucks from an hho dealer, a little more than I wanted to pay (plus 8 for shipping) but it already has 3 outlets on it, all are plastic welded at factory (Flambeau I assume). It is a good product and will circulate well I think. Also it is 3 qt. rather than two. I should be getting it in tomorrow, will let you know how things go.

got a link? I have the 2 qt orieleys special as well.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

richardb200373 Guest

HHO tanks

resago, here is the link. I bought mine on ebay but he does'nt have any there right now. This is the direct link to his website.
    http://www.fuelsavergarage.com/products