Thread: old lead-acid car battery?

stroker Guest

old lead-acid car battery?

Do you guys think that an old and cleaned out car battery would make a good gen? I was just thinking that it is set up for something like this but I have never been able to take one apart and see how it looks inside. Maybe someone on here would be able to provide some info on this.

I have a battery I can test if you think this might work.

this has been discussed a few time on this forum, search for it and u will see this is a bad idea, because of the lead in the battery.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

stroker Guest
    Telling someone to search is kinda lame. I did, but maybe I was not specific enough. Stated in my post was to clean out the battery and by that what I meant was to remove everything and use the sell for the gen. It already is built for the weight and heat. Sorry if I offended you by correcting you in another post.

Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    Telling someone to search is kinda lame. I did, but maybe I was not specific enough. Stated in my post was to clean out the battery and by that what I meant was to remove everything and use the sell for the gen. It already is built for the weight and heat. Sorry if I offended you by correcting you in another post.
    well than all u need to do is make sure u can seal the lid on, so theres no leakage.

good idea for a box though
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    Do you guys think that an old and cleaned out car battery would make a good gen? I was just thinking that it is set up for something like this but I have never been able to take one apart and see how it looks inside. Maybe someone on here would be able to provide some info on this.

I have a battery I can test if you think this might work.
    Stroker an idea I've seen for a lid is bolt 1"x1" nylon strips around the outside top edge and buy a plastic cutting board from wal-mart and cut it to size.Drill thru the lid and the stripping for the bolts to secure the lid,then make a gasket to fit made of neoprene or soft pvc sheet.

there is someone on ebay doing this. look for 15 plate.
    might give you some ideas.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s

solo33 Guest

Batt Box fer HHO...!!!

Now there's an idea! I relocated my battery to the back on my XB so'd I'd
    have a place to put my H-generater. If I used a Batt Box for the thang I could set 'em back in the battery holder. Hell, nobody'd know