Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smackbooster

David Hamilton Guest

Smackbooster

Has anyone tried the smack booster. If so what were the results as far as mpg and output.

They have the plans here
    http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

wingnut Guest
    Hey man, not sure what your talking about. However, get a chance let me know what you think about aluminum! ie; Q & A thread!?

gheuett Guest
    Working on one now. Looks like my bench tests are about .6 liters/minute at 15 amps (not great but I think enough to test it in the car). I have most of my electrical work done and in the next few days I'll be installing in my 2003 Saturn Vue. I will use 2 O2 extenders before I do any of the more expensive electronics - PWM and EFIE.

I pretty much followed the instructions other than I made a separate bubbler. I'll update as I have more info on the progress.

Thanks,
    Gib Heuett

Ronjinsan Guest
    Very nice, easy design to get going with! Will give you good production if you put in the effort and get good plates. I run 2 of them and they work great. I have mine connected to manifold though!

gheuett Guest
    Got the Smacks booster installed today. The car started up fine and I have driven around 35 miles so far. The neighbors have come out of their bunkers and everything is back to defcon 5.

I did notice that my amperage was considerably higher than when I tested - right around 30 amps so I probably need to back off on the KOH - about 1.5 TSP/ 2 liters of distilled water is my current dose.

I'll probably go several hundred mile clips & refill to get some initial mileage marks.

I'm guessing the ECM will take over at some point and start pumping more fuel but I'll give it a few fill-ups and get some mileage figures before I go to the next step of O2 extenders.

I will keep posting updates.

Thanks,
    Gib

rmptr Guest
    We'll watch for your report, Gib.

Best

porkchop Guest
    I am using one, for the most part. See the picts on bubbler water getting into electroliser in general discussions. Last test yeilded 15 mpg on the highway. using sodium hydroxide, 1 teaspoon, it runs 20 amps.

gheuett Guest
    Here is my first check in and I need some guidance. When I first installed, my current draw was around 25 amps. After three days and a little over 200 miles, it was pulling only 5 amps and producing very little gas. I added 1 tsp of KOH. When it started back up, the stronger production resumed and the draw was again 25 amps. Within one short trip out, it was back down again to about 7/8 amps.

Any theories as to why production is falling off? I can pretty much tell by my mileage that it has had no impact + or -.

Thanks!

Gib Heuett
    Smacks Booster
    Saturn Vue - 3.0 Liter

wljohns Guest
    Are you missing any water from your bubbler? It sounds like your electrolite is being diluted.

gheuett Guest
    Doesn't seem to be. The recent drop came quickly. I added one tsp of KOH and the draw went to 25 and in the course of a short 3 mile trip it had dropped again to single digits.

I did some additional reading on the Smacks and I'll try dumping the electrolyte and change it pretty often up front. It sounds like the plates do some conditioning and maybe that affects the solution.

Thanks,
    Gib