PDA

View Full Version : Important video on O2

BoyntonStu
08-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Observe what oxygen does to an oxygen sensor.

A little crude but it does show the effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQNmL0H7B-U

Very interesting.

BoyntonStu

Q-Hack!
08-20-2008, 03:42 AM
I was wondering about this myself... I did a similar test where I tried my EFIE with and without HHO and saw no difference. Yes, the EFIE did improve my MPG by about 5%, but I suspect if I continued to use it I would eventually damage the engine by running it too lean. My electrolyzer is only putting out about 750ml per minute currently, so I want to try again once I am finished building a VSPB based on ZeroFossilFuel's design. The thought being that I just don't have enough HHO being generated yet. So far I have not seen any improvement that I am comfortable with.

smartHHO
08-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Good Video. I was wondering if anyone besides this guy here on Utube, which I can not say he is an expert, or maybe even paid by oil companys. I am wondering if anyone has introduced a ton of HHO, like 1.5 or better, and got results constantly with no adjustments. And with the same flow, went and monitored the O2 sensors voltage. Now, as far as I can see from that guys test, he was at the O2 sensor by the cata, and not up by the manifold as per where I have seen most say to install the O2 box. So, if he is down behind the Cata, where extra fuel is burned, it really does nothing for your car. So I am thinking that the voltage needs to be checked at the manifold O2 and not the one by the Cata. Just me, but toss any info in. I have yet to install my HHO, but I am sucking in as much info as possible so it can be done correctly.

rjn
08-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm thinking that injecting O2 or HHO in an exhaust pipe so the O2 sensor can see it is not even close to changing the efficiency of combustion in an engine and flowing that past the O2 sensor. Maybe I mistook his setup in the video. For one thing, lpm of HHO and lpm out of the ice are more than slightly disparate. Not surprised at his results.

Haywire Haywood
08-31-2008, 09:05 AM
He was just trying to show how much extra oxygen in the pipe affects the o2 sensor which isn't much. He had to really pump it in with his welder tank to see any change on the meter.

I just wish he wasn't a walking thinker... watching that random walkabout while he talked gave me a headache. He needs to put the camera down and take a seat when he's just gabbing. LOL

Ian

edit... here we go, new guy posting to dead threads... LOL

jimbo40
08-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Not a good video but, this is the stuff that can lead us to come to other conclusions. My conclusion is that his test was a mess.
It would be neet to see how the pre cat o2 sensors would act if you put the oxy hose where we put the hho hose.