PDA

View Full Version : Sticking to the topic!

jimbo40
08-17-2008, 10:11 AM
Of all the forums I have been a member of, this is one of my favorites, except for one thing.
It is the most disorganized forum I have seen with constent hyjacking and switching subjects in the middle of a thread.

If someone starts a thread asking about LYE then stick to lye. not every other elctrolyte, and then chime in about amp draw with sodium hydroxide, or bubblers.

If your searching for some information and go to a subject, you rarely find what your looking for in that subject.

Let's get oraganized and make this forum a place of categorized subjects. Stick only to the subject or question in that thread.
It's beginning to remind me of my truck where I can't find much of anything, because it's all over the place.

I hope you guy's agree.

Jim

BoyntonStu
08-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Of all the forums I have been a member of, this is one of my favorites, except for one thing.
It is the most disorganized forum I have seen with constent hyjacking and switching subjects in the middle of a thread.

If someone starts a thread asking about LYE then stick to lye. not every other elctrolyte, and then chime in about amp draw with sodium hydroxide, or bubblers.

If your searching for some information and go to a subject, you rarely find what your looking for in that subject.

Let's get oraganized and make this forum a place of categorized subjects. Stick only to the subject or question in that thread.
It's beginning to remind me of my truck where I can't find much of anything, because it's all over the place.

I hope you guy's agree.

Jim

I agree. You ain't LYEing

BoyntonStu

P.S. Please keep your input confined to things and not people.

overtaker
08-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Not to change the subject... but what happens to hydroxy gas production when the water warms up? :D

mario brito
08-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Not to change the subject... but what happens to hydroxy gas production when the water warms up? :D

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can't stop laughing ! :D

I was going to do the same thing, but did not have the balls for that !

Nice to see someone with a sence of humor :)

As the temp goes up, so does the production.

Back to topic... I agree that this forum sometimes looks like a big mess, but that's what I like on it ! It has life, personality, not full with rules. Every thread flows like a normal conversation. It's wonderfull :)

I love it this way, but if it goes against the rules or it bothers other members, I'll try to stay on topic.

Thanks

JojoJaro
08-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Staying on topic is one problem, but I think a bigger problem is how the categories are organized. It appears to be disjointed.

For instance, many topics are found in the Q&A section where it should be under some other section.

I suggest the following categories:

1. Electrical - Which includes PWMs, resistors, wire, ampere ratings, etc
2. Electrodes - Discussions about electrode materials
3. Electrolytes -
4. Configuration - Discussions about plate, tube, wire, etc, plate sizes, plate spacings, spacers, etc
5. System - Discussions about whole systems, like bubblers, flame suppressors, flooded design, no bubbler design, etc
6. Vehicle - Discussions about specific vehicle models and how to apply HHO to it. Pre-turbo, EFIE, map, O2, etc
7. General - General Discussion
8. Misc - other topics related to HHO production but is not quite HHO production.

And of course, the Wanted to Buy and Wanted to Sell sections.

jimbo40
08-17-2008, 11:16 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I can't stop laughing ! :D

I was going to do the same thing, but did not have the balls for that !

Nice to see someone with a sence of humor :)

As the temp goes up, so does the production.

Back to topic... I agree that this forum sometimes looks like a big mess, but that's what I like on it ! It has life, personality, not full with rules. Every thread flows like a normal conversation. It's wonderfull :)

I love it this way, but if it goes against the rules or it bothers other members, I'll try to stay on topic.

Thanks

LOL .
yes that was funny,I would have done that too.
but Mario that style is kind of chat roomish.
In A forum you have specific Questions or threads and people who have experience with that subject help out and answer question and you have dialog within that subject realm. Here many times we'er just cruzin all over
dialog wise, not much learning, just talking.
Just another example.
Q. Which electrolyte produces the most gas?
A. Vineger in my 6 cell gen made .75 lpm
KOH was even better @ 1.2 lmp
sodium Hydroxide was 1.1 lpm and all at 15 amps.

But instead we get;
I use KOH because I tried baking soda and my amps went to high for the amount of gas but that was in my 2 cell which gets to 170 deg. and I think it might be boiling my water so maybe it's not gas it could be steam because it's hooked up to a vaccum line and under vacuum my boiling temp goes down so maybe I should try somthing else what do you guy's recommend ?

How can we collectively advance our cause if we don't want to perfect it?

mario brito
08-18-2008, 08:08 AM
LOL .
yes that was funny,I would have done that too.
but Mario that style is kind of chat roomish.
In A forum you have specific Questions or threads and people who have experience with that subject help out and answer question and you have dialog within that subject realm. Here many times we'er just cruzin all over
dialog wise, not much learning, just talking.
Just another example.
Q. Which electrolyte produces the most gas?
A. Vineger in my 6 cell gen made .75 lpm
KOH was even better @ 1.2 lmp
sodium Hydroxide was 1.1 lpm and all at 15 amps.

But instead we get;
I use KOH because I tried baking soda and my amps went to high for the amount of gas but that was in my 2 cell which gets to 170 deg. and I think it might be boiling my water so maybe it's not gas it could be steam because it's hooked up to a vaccum line and under vacuum my boiling temp goes down so maybe I should try somthing else what do you guy's recommend ?

How can we collectively advance our cause if we don't want to perfect it?

You're right !

I have to admit that. That's why I said that I love it like this, but will try my best to stick to the topic, because I can see that it bothers the other's members.

We have a saying in Portugal that I'll try to translate the best possible way :

"Our freedom ends where the other person's freedom begins."

Thanks

gizzy
08-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Gentlemen, I'm new at this and don't want anyone to think I'm an idiot but, were do you click to start a new post?:confused:

mario brito
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Gentlemen, I'm new at this and don't want anyone to think I'm an idiot but, were do you click to start a new post?:confused:

Sorry, but that's off topic, so, I can not answer that on this thread.

Start a new thread asking how to create a thread please...hmmmm... damn... that's going to be a hard one... sorry, you're f.... :D

justaguy
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Sorry, but that's off topic, so, I can not answer that on this thread.

Start a new thread asking how to create a thread please...hmmmm... damn... that's going to be a hard one... sorry, you're f.... :D

Now i,m LMAO, Mario, that was a good one.:)

c02cutter
08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
WOW... am I off topic??? lmfao