PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to use Electrolyte in your bubbler

JojoJaro
08-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Folks, I am thinking of a design wherein the bubbler contains the same electrolyte as the generator. The bubbler then feeds electrolyte to the gen as needed. The HHO output from the gen goes to the bottom of the bubbler and the output of the bubbler goes to the engine before the Air Filter.

Is this a good idea? Will using electrolyte on the bubbler cause some 'caustics' to go the engine?

c02cutter
08-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Your looking at what is called a flooded design. They work, and I am working on my own version of this currently. The concept is having a bubbler above the cell to some degree. The gas exiting the cell goes to the bubbler which in turn because of the displaced liquid volume causes the bubbler to have to replenish the liquid in the cell container. To be simple you get a flow through the cell. It does work, just needs to be truly refined...

mario brito
08-16-2008, 08:52 PM
If there's a leak or a problem somewhere, and the bubbler's water level gets too low, the bubbler will no longer protect your system. It could even be worse then having no bubbler, because if it get's almost empty, the HHO volume inside it will probably be grater then inside the cell, and you could end with a big BUMMMMMM :)

I think it's safer to have a simple bubbler, and another container only connected to the cell to refill it.

thanks

smartHHO
08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
It is a good design. I was looking at a company selling some nice looking HHO systems, think it was linked off this site and was call blue wave I think. They had a fix for the LOW amount in your bubbler / tank. Tank had a fill sensor that would light when it got down to a certain spot. So you have a switch in your car/truck that has a light with it. The tank gets low, you pretty much turn the switch off so your generator goes off. You also have your map adjust switch that you can turn to bypass and now your cars runs like it used to. No problem. Get home, add more stuff to your tank and your are ready again. Simple but yet to the point.

JojoJaro
08-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the responses.

I will be using NaOH as electrolyte. I've read that NaOH does not get consumed in the electrolysis process. So, does that mean that all I need for the bubbler is distilled water? to replinish the gen as needed. If I filled the bubbler with electrolyte also, the concentration in the gen will increase over time as the gen is being replinish from the bubbler which has electrolyte also, correct?

How much water is consumed per hour anyway, at say 4 LPM of production?

moore6649
08-17-2008, 09:11 AM
you don"t realy if you use lye as a electrolye the ions from the lye stay in the cell much likr the acid in a car battery so all that is needed to add is water