PDA

View Full Version : Why would you expect Hydroxy to increase MPG?

BoyntonStu
08-16-2008, 01:28 PM
You add a Hydroxy generator to your car that produces 0.1 LPM.

Why would you expect the MPG to increase?

Is it because the Hydroxy adds energy?

Is it because the flame speed of Hydrogen is much faster than the flame speed of gasoline?

Why would that help MPG?

A few moments to think about these 3 basic questions may help you sort out the MPG situation.

BoyntonStu

timetowinarace
08-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Flame speed, not energy is the answer.

When the hydrogen lights it vaporizes the gasoline at a much faster rate. Gasoline must be vaporized to burn. Normaly the vaporization happens as the gas is being burned, the faster burn rate of hydrogen makes this vaporization happen faster for a more complete and effeciant burn.

Chemicals have been added to our gasoline to slow down vaporization in the name of stopping evaporation of the gas in our fuel tanks. It has made it impossible to vaporize the gas before it enters the cumbustion chamber. It used to be possible before the addition of the chemicals and carborators have been patented that do just that. If these chemicals where removed from the gasoline, we would not need the services of hydrogen.

BoyntonStu
08-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Flame speed, not energy is the answer.

When the hydrogen lights it vaporizes the gasoline at a much faster rate. Gasoline must be vaporized to burn. Normaly the vaporization happens as the gas is being burned, the faster burn rate of hydrogen makes this vaporization happen faster for a more complete and effeciant burn.

Chemicals have been added to our gasoline to slow down vaporization in the name of stopping evaporation of the gas in our fuel tanks. It has made it impossible to vaporize the gas before it enters the cumbustion chamber. It used to be possible before the addition of the chemicals and carborators have been patented that do just that. If these chemicals where removed from the gasoline, we would not need the services of hydrogen.

OK let's discuss flame speed.

You timing is set at 10* BTDC.

What would happen if the increased flame speed would ignite you air/gas 14.7:1 mixture faster than before you added Hydroxy?

How much Hydroxy must be added before its presence would be recognized by your engine? And then what?

BoyntonStu

timetowinarace
08-16-2008, 03:50 PM
We need specific data.

Are we considering ecu engines or non-ecu engines?

The principle is the same for both but the method of changing parameters is different. As in adjustments in an ecu or mechanical adjustment.

It's been my experience that it is simpler and faster for me to explain my thoughts or opinions in full from the start rather than make a point through questioning. Learning through a series of questions works quite well for teachers in a classroom when a specific topic is involved but I'm unsure of where your going with this so it is hard for me to guess what answers your looking for. Because I'm aware you have done research, and the answers to the questions are somewhat elementry, I can only assume your teaching.

1. With increased flame speed comes faster detonation and a need to retard ignition timing. How much retardation would be determined by many factors and cannot be generalized.

2. While the engine nor ecu actually 'recognizes' hho it does recognize a cleaner burn and interprets this as a lean situation. How much hho is needed for this to happen depends soley on each engine and it's parameters. This has to be determined for each engine and thus cannot be generalized.(I'm assuming we're talking ecu engines here)

Challenging topics are welcome, I'd prefer a different, upfront format for them though.

mario brito
08-16-2008, 09:00 PM
"It's been my experience that it is simpler and faster for me to explain my thoughts or opinions in full from the start rather than make a point through questioning. Learning through a series of questions works quite well for teachers in a classroom when a specific topic is involved but I'm unsure of where your going with this so it is hard for me to guess what answers your looking for. Because I'm aware you have done research, and the answers to the questions are somewhat elementry, I can only assume your teaching."

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :)

smartHHO
08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I know one thing, if you don't have enough production, you won't see anything for MPG improvement. Got one of my coworkers interested in HHO. He unfortunately jumped the gun and bought some fancy looking HHO that used DISCs design. Well, he got it finally, tested it and with 16.5amps, he gets a whopping .4 LPM. At first, he was only getting about 6amps and no MPG improvement from his 6.7 L cummings. Then I told him you need more current. So, he finally added more electro and up to 16.5. Now, he was getting 2.5mpg more on his truck. since it was only doing 16mpg and went up to 18.5, he ended up with a 15% increase. Not bad. But, then his computer said oh no and adjusted and now it's 0mpg increase. Figure that low production will not produce much results, but I am sure there is a top out where too much would be too much. I am thinking that the 4 cylinders would do the best on MPG with about 1.5LPM or slightly less. For the bigger Truck engines, I am thinking 2 - 3LPM. But, I am new to this and only guessing from what I have been seeing.

:D

jimbo40
08-17-2008, 10:44 AM
Well let me try to get back on subject . Why would you expect hydroxy to increase mpg?

Without the tech end of it. I would expect it to because others have worked out the details and said it does.

Before I bought into it I saw real world results on a co-workers Jeep cherokee with 3 months worth of fuel receipts after HHO install, and as many receipts for before install, and average gain was 27% NO eife.

So Mr.endless Sceptic, I would expect it to have simular results for my Toyota Tundra, and that my friend is the WHY.

And now for the back off subject as is common to this forum.
My results have been outstanding, exciting, and lot of fun.
At this rate it will pay for it'self in 2 more months.
AND the $399.00 I paid for my magdrive, went to a guy in his garage and not to an oil company, so, so far what I expected has happened and I got a whole lot smarter in the process.

But thanks for asking, we all know how concerned you are.
By the way, Which oil company do you work for?