PDA

View Full Version : 21 Plate Drycell issues, need some help please!

HyOx7
03-25-2018, 06:11 PM
Hello everyone, first post on this forum :)

I ran into some problems with my new drycell set up and came here to seek some help and much needed advice!

It´s a 21 plate (4N) drycell with 24"^2 of active surface area (per plate).

Here is a video of my set up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBTS4lgldt8

I´m using 135g of KOH in 1L of destiled water. With the PWM turned at 100%, the ammeter was reading 10A as you can see in the video. This means that If I want to pull more amps I just add more KOH right?

Anyways, I let it run for 5min, it was putting out 0.5L in <40sec, no problem so far! The water wasn´t even warm.

After that, I turned my engine on and saw the ameter jump to 16A and let it run for 2min. Then I noticed a few concerning things... The plates had burn marks around the holes and a burn line were the water level was at :( This can be seen in the photos.
Also, there are bubbles forming on the brass hose connector at the bottom. Is this voltage leaking?

I have no ideia why this is happening. The cell seemed to have good water flow with the big hoses (although the water level in the cell concerned me). I stopped the production immediatly.

What should I do here?

michaelclyde
12-22-2021, 05:23 PM
After that, I turned my engine on and saw the ameter jump

HyO you had both the PWM and car alt connected and 'ON" at same time? Mighta confused the PWM sensing?