PDA

View Full Version : Cell Construction Idea

scribs212
08-15-2008, 02:47 AM
What would happen if i put a bunch of long plates horizontally in the water? What about vertically? I know that there would probably be less efficiency in using long plates placed vertically but i think i might try to do 5 vertically placed plates that are about 6" long 1-2" wide and in a square formation in a round bottle they would be in sets of 5(+-+-+). I think that the larger surface area would help with the dispersion of heat, but with them being thin I can place more electrodes inside my cell. I think its going to be an art putting them in and assembling them each, but I'm thinking up of a design where they can easily be pulled apart to separate electrode cells for easy removal from the bottle, think of a pirate ship inside a glass bottle =D.

bigapple
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
What would happen if i put a bunch of long plates horizontally in the water? What about vertically? I know that there would probably be less efficiency in using long plates placed vertically but i think i might try to do 5 vertically placed plates that are about 6" long 1-2" wide and in a square formation in a round bottle they would be in sets of 5(+-+-+). I think that the larger surface area would help with the dispersion of heat, but with them being thin I can place more electrodes inside my cell. I think its going to be an art putting them in and assembling them each, but I'm thinking up of a design where they can easily be pulled apart to separate electrode cells for easy removal from the bottle, think of a pirate ship inside a glass bottle =D.

i think any arrangement of plates with brute force electrolysis will have good output... from my own personal experience though, anytime ur lining up alternating polarities with no neutrals, temperatures will very easily reach a boiling point for the water... it has significant output and its a good setup but i think something would have to be done externally to keep temps low... just add some neutrals to ur setup and i think ull be alrite

scribs212
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
So then should i wire it +N-N+?

mario brito
08-15-2008, 01:03 PM
try (B)+ NNN (B)- NNN (B)+

it drops the voltage to about 3v in the inner N plates. the least voltage, the least heat.

thanks

gizzy
08-15-2008, 01:04 PM
I was thinking of making a horizon chain for my boat. It's a 2 stroke 225hp evinrude, any thoughts?

Smith03Jetta
08-15-2008, 03:59 PM
If you are running a horizontal plates configuration and your top plate is either Positive or Negative your cell will stop working if the water drops below the top plate. This will not happen in a vertical plate configuration. Your gas production will just taper off until you refill your container.

This could be a helpful thing if used correctly. If your cell stopped working because of a low water level it would register as an instant drop to Zero on your ammeter. You could use this as a signal to know when to immediately stop and add water to your cell.

People running vertical plates would not experience a sudden drop in amps due to a low water level.

Just a thought!

Q-Hack!
08-15-2008, 04:06 PM
There is also a standing theory that having the plates in the vertical position will produce a better convection flow of water. It is supposed to remove the HHO bubbles off the plates better.

It works much like a tall chimney as opposed to a short one. The taller the chimney the better the convection flow.