PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Heaters? (pic)

djerickd
08-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Anyone have any luck with a fuel heater like this? It's simple enough to piece togehter at Lowe's...

http://hydrogengogreen.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Fuel_Heater.145140638_std.JPG

Fuel Heater is designed to save fuel by increasing the temperature of the fuel, thereby giving it a broader surface area which helps the fuel vaporize in the intake.

any truth in the above statement?

bigapple
08-15-2008, 01:21 AM
yea its true but i doubt it will have any rediculously significant effect by itself... if u compound it with a generator then u may be able to get a little extra but if i was to guess its probably not enough to be able to tell... i guess the only way to find out is to try it though

Eddie_in_Maine
08-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I just did some experiments with a fuel heater. Mine is aluminum with magnetics inserted (very strong ones at that!), and I got about 1.5 to 2 mpgs gain using it and Covalizer fluid in the fuel. I believe the strongest benefits of a fuel preheater will show in the winter, which is when my mpg's lag daramatically. I am now at 39.4mpg with my 2008 Camry, no HHO still. If I can keep that mpg in the winter, that would be very nice. I typically drop 3-4mpg when temp drops to zero.....

Smith03Jetta
08-15-2008, 10:35 AM
It is not the temperature during winter that decreases your gas mileage. Gasoline manufacturers change the formulation of gasoline during the winter months. This has a side effect of reducing your gas mileage. Research it. It is interesting.

djerickd
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I just did some experiments with a fuel heater. Mine is aluminum with magnetics inserted (very strong ones at that!), and I got about 1.5 to 2 mpgs gain using it and Covalizer fluid in the fuel. I believe the strongest benefits of a fuel preheater will show in the winter, which is when my mpg's lag daramatically. I am now at 39.4mpg with my 2008 Camry, no HHO still. If I can keep that mpg in the winter, that would be very nice. I typically drop 3-4mpg when temp drops to zero.....

yeah google "winter gas"

did you have a pic of your device?