PDA

View Full Version : wow, Neutral Plates

bigapple
08-14-2008, 01:51 AM
i had been experimenting constantly with different plate setups and i have to say neutral plates really work well... ive seen much talk of whether or not to use them, and yes u should... as long as u have solid positive and negative connections at each end of ur neutrals, they will produce

upon first testing i was skeptical because when i plugged it up i was barely getting any bubbles at the neutrals and was only getting them at the ends and middle (+NN--NN+ X2)... after letting it run a bit (20 or so mins), temperature leveled out MUCH sooner than it did when i was running an alternating pos and neg all the way across (+-+-+-+-)... after testing i put it in my car with distilled water that i had in my fridge... even with water that made condensation collect on the outside of the generator, it still pumped out a solid .5 lpm, which at max temp should pump out about 1 lpm (guessing)

im running two packs of 8 plates (+NN--NN+) with 1/2 tsp lye in a gallon of distilled... mpg results will be posted soon along with pictures once i find my camera that has been misplaced... cheers

pj91gsx
08-14-2008, 10:51 PM
why did you choose the 2 pavk design as opposed to smacks booster?

bigapple
08-15-2008, 01:30 AM
why did you choose the 2 pack design as opposed to smacks booster?

just the general design ive been working on consists of different parts... the smacks booster is def a very nice design but i also want to create something on my own and get a bit innovative... smacks is very reliable but i also want to gain some knowledge in the process of all this research by fabbing my own together... hopefully results will be good and money will be well-spent