PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Problem

snaganalf
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Ok, I built an HHO generator and attached a bubbler to it and mounted it in my truck.
The problem I noticed was, the vacuum pulled through the bubbler into the generator and when the vacuum was interrupted, it sucked all the water out of the bubbler into the generator.

Has anyone else run into this?

I can't use it like this.

timetowinarace
08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
That's why there should be a one way valve between the bubbler and electrolyser.

snaganalf
08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
aahh, I hadn't thought of that. I have one between the vacuum port and the bubbler but hadn't thought of one between the bubbler and the generator.

Thanks.

Omega
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I had so much trouble with my bubbler/generator hooked up to a vacuum line I finally gave up and hooked it up to the air intake.

If you have ever watched the needle on a vacuum gauge when varying engine speed, you'll see the violent swings the needle makes. That violent character is acting on your bubbler/generator and, in my experience, makes it very difficult to keep the fluids where they are supposed to be, even with a check valve in between the bubbler and generator.

It didn't take too much fluid inhalation by my motor before I said "that's it"! Since I swapped the HHO line to the air intake, life has been much more calm.

It's theorized that a vacuum helps the production of HHO, but no solid evidence exists to support the claim. Regardless of production, the complications and hassles of a vacuum line hookup didn't justify the risk to my motor.

c02cutter
08-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok, I built an HHO generator and attached a bubbler to it and mounted it in my truck.
The problem I noticed was, the vacuum pulled through the bubbler into the generator and when the vacuum was interrupted, it sucked all the water out of the bubbler into the generator.

Has anyone else run into this?

I can't use it like this.

No matter what, if you put a check valve into the system you will still pull to the motor. The valve is one way so it still pulls one way. Put the valve in reverse it stops the flow of the HHO. You need a bubbler that is higher than the cell to incorporate what is needed, and larger than the actual area of the gas being produced buy the cell to the vacuum pressure involved. Other wise you will pull electrolyte from the cell to the motor or water from the cell to the bubbler not matter what you do. This is where I think a flooded cell will truly work best as it works on a recirculation bases and lets gravity do it just course. But also the bubbler chamber needs to be larger than the volume being produced and outputted to the vacuum. Almost a small storage tank without any real pressure involved, What I am talking about is still to be proved, but I am working on it.