PDA

View Full Version : MPG gains; order of importance?

BoyntonStu
08-13-2008, 12:36 PM
A basic question:

What is the most beneficial item that will increase your MPG?

Lean the mixture with EFIE

Add 1 LPM of Hydroxy to a 2 L engine.

Add water vapor

Retard the spark timing.

My reason for asking is that I know someone who mistakenly had his Hydroxy unit off while his unit was connected to vacuum.

He said that his increased MPG remained high but that his engine lacked power.

BoyntonStu

Smith03Jetta
08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
I will go out on a limb here and suggest that HHO does not MAKE you get better gas mileage.:eek: What is my rationalle?:confused:

:DHere's how to get better gas mileage. This method is based on a modern fuel injected engine with knock sensors and the ability to retard timing to avoid detonation.

1. Electronically Lean out the Fuel flow to the engine (Regardless of the method used, EFIE, MAF, MAP, Laptop managent. The engine will start burning lean so the engine will automatically retard the timing to avoid lean valve pinging / Detonation. This will result in better gas mileage at reduced engine power.

2. Now add 1 liter of HHO/minute to the 2.0 liter engine. The HHO corrects the lean condition causing the engine knocking. The engine timing resets to the correct position automatically.

3. You now have reduced dependency on Gasoline. You can run your engine intentionally lean and use HHO as a bandaid to keep down the pinging. Higher Octane rating reduces pinging.

I've elaborated more about this subject on my thread. Thanks...