PDA

View Full Version : Reasonably priced cell?

bwhite757
08-13-2008, 02:33 AM
I've been looking at the Magdrive cell here lately. My cell just doesn't produce the amount of gas I believe my 5.7 liter engine deserves. I personally don't want to take the time to build one, so that's why I'm leaning towards the magdrive.

Do you guys know of any other cell around the $400 range that produces around 3 lpm or more???

JonDoh
08-13-2008, 03:21 AM
For $400 from Magdrive you'll only get a cell that'll produce .5 to .75 LPM but the maintenance is minimal!

To really succeed with Mag is a triple block system and still not sure if that'll work.... but they are solid units.

jimbo40
08-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I use an 11a single brick on a 4.7 liter toyota tundra.
Actually works great.
This thing makes some serious gas.
BUT my buddy has a double brick that never worked right, his just went back to Jim, the owner.
They are all really nice when and before you buy, but if you have a question or a problem they treat you like a 1st grader. They actually told my friend that he wrecked the brick because he did not follow the updated instruction that where on the web site, complete BS, and they said well we'll replace it but don't wreck the next one. and all this without ever seeing the bad unit.
Mine also came DOA, but they told me what to do to fix it and it worked like a charm. But they blamed UPS for the trouble and said they test each and every unit befor shipping, and that is not true. My unit was packed so well, it could have fell off the train and not been damaged. My friend and I are both every mechanically minded and bought these mainly for testing and trial purpose's
Buttom line. Do they work?

Absolutely,
I did need o2 extenders though.

bwhite757
08-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, Magdrive's video on the 11a single brick ($399) states it produces 3 lpm at around 10 amps, so you're saying this isn't true?