PDA

View Full Version : No Neutral Plates?

Westcoastrocks
08-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I have been experimenting like crazy with plate spacing and the order of them. I decided to try no neutral plates. I had 5 total 3 + 2-

I produced just as much HHO as my 12 plate set up. So it seems that while neutral plates have more surface area they don't really help as far as HHO gas production. The only thing is that things got really hot. If I were to use a PWM to keep the currant lower then what its drawing then the temp should drop back down to normal. I am only bringing this up cause If i can make a cell with over half of the plates but produce just as much gas it would be way cheaper. What do you guys think>?

Phantom240
08-12-2008, 09:13 PM
I produced just as much HHO as my 12 plate set up. So it seems that while neutral plates have more surface area they don't really help as far as HHO gas production. The only thing is that things got really hot.
Not to be, ya know... a dick... but that's kinda the point of neutrals. To cut power usage and heat, while producing the same amount of HHO.

Westcoastrocks
08-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Right I know that. But my point is that if you can control the heat with a PWM and produce the same amount of HHO with fewer plates, then why use more plates?

Phantom240
08-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Right I know that. But my point is that if you can control the heat with a PWM and produce the same amount of HHO with fewer plates, then why use more plates?

Because, PWMs which can handle the load of an HHO generator are expensive.

dennis13030
08-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Not to be, ya know... a dick... but that's kinda the point of neutrals. To cut power usage and heat, while producing the same amount of HHO.

Phantom240,

Well said.

jimbo40
08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Phantom240,

Well said.

Well said.