PDA

View Full Version : TV News on HHO

mario brito
08-11-2008, 09:06 AM
another tv station testing a HHO unit with positive results :)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1583430/do_water_powered_cars_really_work/

thanks

bigapple
08-11-2008, 01:48 PM
its good to see a positive result but i hate seeing people suckered in by that retarded design... why dont they get a better design from somewhere else that produces much more? just baffles me

HYDROTEKPRO
08-11-2008, 02:28 PM
I agree that it's refreshing to see an honest, positive media report about our field.

I have neighbors that have bought the Water4Gas information package, and followed their instructions to build and install that system. They are extremely pleased with the results, and on both 4 cylinder cars that these were installed on, they have virtually doubled their mileages, 80% to 95% mileage improvements!

Sure, I agree that there are many better designs.

But we should consider that Water4Gas is on the same team as we are. They (and the other HHO information companies) are responsible for the tremendously huge surge of awareness and popularity of supplemental hydrogen boosting technology, worldwide! Their information, instructions, customer service, links, etc. also serve to educate the public about many of the fundamentals of vehicular HHO systems. HHO would NOT have become as large and fast growing as it is today without them. We'd still be a tiny group, always looking over our shoulder, wondering about that strange car parked across the street.

Personally, I would still be ignorant about it, if my neighbor hadn't recommended Water4Gas to me. I bought it, I learned quite a bit, and that led to where I am right now. It was totally worth the price, just for me. It also felt good to contribute to them with my purchase, since they ARE the #1 vehicular HHO information company in the world, bringing this technology from secret filing cabinets to mainstream knowledge and common practice worldwide.

The worldwide, large scale, positive environmental impact alone is enough reason for vehicular HHO. When you add that to the mileage and performance improvements also gained, it's a must-do for practically every vehicle.

Every one of us is contributing to these individual, and worldwide cumulative, positive effects!

runcar
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
The part I like about this video is that you see a skeptic turned into a believer. There are other positive stories out there where the people are trying to take a neutral stance, which is good and then delighted by the results. This is the first report, I’ve seen however, where a person starts out calling HHO snake oil and ends up being an advocate.

wonl2
08-11-2008, 11:05 PM
I live in the city where this test was conducted. I was very excited to see our local TV station performing this test. I waited with great expectations for the results. Testing lasted for three weeks after the HHO system was installed in the car. The final results stated that there was an actual 2 mpg loss!!! It was concluded that the HHO system fooled the cars computer. They speculated that the computer believed that the fuel mixture was too lean, thus increasing the fuel to air mixture. I went to the stations web site to find the follow-up video, but I couldn't find it. I think that they should redo the test.

wonl2

HomeGrown
08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
its good to see a positive result but i hate seeing people suckered in by that retarded design... why dont they get a better design from somewhere else that produces much more? just baffles me

That's all true, BUT they are approaching this from the hype angle. That system they bought, while is definately not the best, is probably the most hyped and known. Just like McDonald's is DEFINATELY not the best place for burgers, they're the most widely known and recognized. They don't want to go to some obscure website that doesn't give a full package of instructions. They're just showing what most any Joe Average can do with the supplied instructions. I'm sure the guy who put that system together will probably research it some more, and will soon learn there are better ways to build a system.

bigapple
08-13-2008, 01:59 AM
That's all true, BUT they are approaching this from the hype angle. That system they bought, while is definately not the best, is probably the most hyped and known. Just like McDonald's is DEFINATELY not the best place for burgers, they're the most widely known and recognized. They don't want to go to some obscure website that doesn't give a full package of instructions. They're just showing what most any Joe Average can do with the supplied instructions. I'm sure the guy who put that system together will probably research it some more, and will soon learn there are better ways to build a system.

well said... ill agree that i was introduced to that site thru a friend... we started off with a small crappy design that was worse than steel thread (actually SS springs haha)... and after much research, my final generator is almost fully up and running... now that i have everything i need and everything wired im ready to go... it just sucks to see the "catch"... which in the case of Water4Gas is 97 bucks... there is so much free information out there for someone to waste money on all of that... although i will say they know what theyre talking about (besides the baking soda part)

Sfair74
08-13-2008, 04:39 AM
Not to put down watetr4gas but if the people at the news station and the garage that they had install it didn't read that on a EFI engine that you have to fool the computer water4gas isn't helping the community.

Many people will buy into it and NOT do the additional research. If someone tries it and dosen't get positive results. They will think it's a scam and spread the news. This is very bad.

180 pages sounds like a lot but what good is 180 pages if it is incomplete or just too long to read without loosing interest. I think quality and not quantity comes to play here.

Speaking of such I have not seen a clear noob friendly guide that covers information about the technology in terms for the basic HHO newbie. Things like a brief history, how it works, different approaches and a basic how to wire it up in one neat and clean package. A lot of packages are poorly designed and often filled with stupid gas price political cartoons to pad the articles to make them look longer. Wow 25 pages but 20 of them are cartoons. How informative.

It's like selling a safe that's unlocked without the key. Sure it will hold stuff but you will not get the results you wanted because you can't lock it. It's a bad analogy but it does get the point across.

Basically yes, water4gas is getting awareness out there but it's not necessarily good awareness. To charge almost $100 for information that is out there for free sounds like they are in it for one thing, The money.

BoyntonStu
08-13-2008, 07:28 AM
They have not tested the unit on the road.

They are predicting a 5-10% MPG increase.

BoyntonStu

Sfair74
08-13-2008, 09:58 AM
They have not tested the unit on the road.

They are predicting a 5-10% MPG increase.

BoyntonStu

I live in the city where this test was conducted. I was very excited to see our local TV station performing this test. I waited with great expectations for the results. Testing lasted for three weeks after the HHO system was installed in the car. The final results stated that there was an actual 2 mpg loss!!! It was concluded that the HHO system fooled the cars computer. They speculated that the computer believed that the fuel mixture was too lean, thus increasing the fuel to air mixture. I went to the stations web site to find the follow-up video, but I couldn't find it. I think that they should redo the test.

wonl2

They did test it and they did report that it did have negative results. They just didn't post the video online. At least they pinpointed what the problem may have been instead of saying HHO is complete crap.

BoyntonStu
08-13-2008, 10:06 AM
They did test it and they did report that it did have negative results. They just didn't post the video online. At least they pinpointed what the problem may have been instead of saying HHO is complete crap.

Thanks for the update.

What city?

My comment about road tests was from the statements in the video.

BoyntonStu

wonl2
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
The test was conducted in Greenville SC. The television station that performed the test is WYFF. The site is:

www.wyff4.com/index.html

just perform a search for HHO in the search field to find the initial test. The follow-up story is not available. It did air several weeks ago.

wonl2

bigapple
08-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Not to put down watetr4gas but if the people at the news station and the garage that they had install it didn't read that on a EFI engine that you have to fool the computer water4gas isn't helping the community.

Many people will buy into it and NOT do the additional research. If someone tries it and dosen't get positive results. They will think it's a scam and spread the news. This is very bad.

180 pages sounds like a lot but what good is 180 pages if it is incomplete or just too long to read without loosing interest. I think quality and not quantity comes to play here.

Speaking of such I have not seen a clear noob friendly guide that covers information about the technology in terms for the basic HHO newbie. Things like a brief history, how it works, different approaches and a basic how to wire it up in one neat and clean package. A lot of packages are poorly designed and often filled with stupid gas price political cartoons to pad the articles to make them look longer. Wow 25 pages but 20 of them are cartoons. How informative.

It's like selling a safe that's unlocked without the key. Sure it will hold stuff but you will not get the results you wanted because you can't lock it. It's a bad analogy but it does get the point across.

Basically yes, water4gas is getting awareness out there but it's not necessarily good awareness. To charge almost $100 for information that is out there for free sounds like they are in it for one thing, The money.

this guy has my thoughts to the T... i think the fact that they are sparking up interest with this thru politics and using it as a source of income is screwing over people a bit... with the wealth of free information (this site is a huge one) and a bunch of free videos of peoples generators, i think people find it as an easy fix to just spend the money for a sloppy guide as to how to make one out of a mason jar... id love to see one of the mason jar designs explode under a hood so it can finally be deemed a terrible setup... glass under my hood, hmmm.... not for me