PDA

View Full Version : grand cherokee 5.9 '98

kiki
08-09-2008, 06:27 PM
hi there,

i am experimenting with ho cells for a month now. i did a few tests with with neutral plates, electrolyte, plate distance etc and know prettyy well what to build.. i did some testing and i like to build a cell now for my jeep grand cherokee with a 360 magnum engine (5.9 ltr v8).

does anyone have experience with this engine or recommendations for the amount of ltr/min that has to be produced for this engine?

does anyone know if some extra map/efie/o2 sensor gadgets have to be used.

does anyone konw the ideal injectionpoint for the hho?

thanks for helping me with this, hope to get some answer than i can help you jeep drivers with the results of my experiments.

thanks, arjen

wlf89
08-10-2008, 09:30 AM
id say at least 1lpm but probly 1.5lpm

kiki
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
is there any way of calculating the exact gas production compared to the engine size? or a gas production versus the fuelconsumption of a car?
just wondering, this might help creating the ideal cell for your own car.
thanks,arjen

mario brito
08-11-2008, 07:51 PM
is there any way of calculating the exact gas production compared to the engine size? or a gas production versus the fuelconsumption of a car?
just wondering, this might help creating the ideal cell for your own car.
thanks,arjen

some say that 500ml/Minute/1000 cm3. but i have not seen any math to get that value.

i believe it's a "guess" based on real world observation.

thanks

Boltazar
08-11-2008, 08:55 PM
The amount of HHO needed for an engine has to vary a lot. Remember it's only a fuel enhancer not a fuel, that said, at low rpm I don't think you need 2 l/min but at highway speeds 2 l/min probably isn't enough. At low speeds can to much HHO hurt an engine? If not LOAD IT UP.

Smith03Jetta
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
I know that if my car is idling for very long it takes off like a rocket when I hit the gas petal. If I'm not idling for very long it takes off slower from a stop. What that tells me is that I'm producing more than enough HHO to help with Slow driving. I'm producing enough at 920 ml/minute to help at highway speeds but I could definitely do better in the MPG category if I was producing 1200 or 1500 ml/minute.

I'm seriously thinking about taking the Generator out of my Touareg and testing it in my Jetta. I'd really like to see what a 63% increase in HHO production would do for my little 2.0 liter engine.

The only thing I've got to figure out is trying to fit the larger Touareg HHO Gen in my tiny little Jetta.

kiki
08-29-2008, 07:22 PM
ok, so i am aiming 2 ltr/minute generator and will see what the results r. since there is not much space under the hood ( all those extra options fit on this car...) i can not fit a bigger genny

should i trie to make an inlet just after the airfilterbox?, or should i T the hose and make an extra inlet into the vacuumline?

someone experienced with hho on this engine?

thanks