PDA

View Full Version : anti knock control loop

peterrr
07-14-2014, 03:33 PM
I have done some thinking and figured out how anti knock works:
The burning of gasoline is an exponential accelerating process. When you have an ideal mix the speed is greatest. When you miss the ideal mix by 10 % the reaction will slow down by 10 %. The reaction is regulated by condensing fuel onto the cylinder head. Here you see that you get a regulating loop over reaction, pressure, condensation, reaction speed, etc. The gain in this loop is only 1. Normally you will get a linear rise in pressure, but if you enter the condensing zone while the piston goes up you will get a quadratic curve. The substances creating knocking control convert a vast majority of the fuel into large molecules. After the detonation a lot of gooey fuel has to be burned off the cylinder head, with air with little oxigen in it. Result: soot ,unburnt HC.:mad: Adding water vapour would make the engine run cooler and the burn off easier

peterrr
07-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I have done some thinking and figured out how anti knock works:
The burning of gasoline is an exponential accelerating process. When you have an ideal mix the speed is greatest. When you miss the ideal mix by 10 % the reaction will slow down by 10 %. The reaction is regulated by condensing fuel onto the cylinder head. Here you see that you get a regulating loop over reaction, pressure, condensation, reaction speed, etc. The gain in this loop is only 1. Normally you will get a linear rise in pressure, but if you enter the condensing zone while the piston goes up you will get a quadratic curve. The substances creating knocking control convert a vast majority of the fuel into large molecules. After the detonation a lot of gooey fuel has to be burned off the cylinder head, with air with little oxigen in it. Result: soot ,unburnt HC.:mad: Adding water vapour would make the engine run cooler and the burn off easier
I guess I just wanted to say that you pioneered mighty fine in the field of ingesting
water vapor in an engine. And without you I never gotten the idea. But in my humble opinion you are barking up the wrong tree, together with car manufacturers (since 1926). I have a full description with tinkering advice. But i shure as hell dont know how to get it to you in this forum :mad:
I'm just trying to get better mileage to the common folk.http://www.mediafire.com/view/l18u5xg0x8iu78m/Why_do_we_burn_gasoline_still_so_foolish.pdf