08-09-2008, 01:09 PM
i use
-normal water tupperware case
-ss electrode 8 anode and 8 catode,+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N
-KOH electrolyte
-ss nut n bolt
-rubber washer
-AC cord cable

before connect to car battery i check it 1st and no shot between anode and catode.i connect my generator to car battery using car battery jumper,after connect to my car battery with start engine the bubble produce very good(sorry not enough time to take pic),
the problem:-
1.after its running about 1min the top plastic case melting at the screw place.1 screw area serious melting and another one ok.why?cause i saw some people using plastic case and no problem with that material.what the good case i need to use?
2.the car battery jumper feel hot....not so hot but can say hot....what cable that i suitable to use to connect to generator to car battery and ss plate to screw(inside generator)?audio car cable can?

my pic as follow:-

my full setup generator
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/jazmie/hydrofuel/my%20project/DSC00182.jpg

my ss system detail
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/jazmie/hydrofuel/my%20project/DSC00174.jpg

top cover generator setup
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/jazmie/hydrofuel/my%20project/DSC00180.jpg

cover melting area
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/jazmie/hydrofuel/my%20project/DSC00179.jpg

tq for ur support

Cyr
08-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Have you checked your AMPS?

jazmie
08-09-2008, 01:28 PM
sorry....i dot have equipment for that....ist the case prob?

c02cutter
08-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Yes the case is far too thin to withstand the terminals going through. As present in your photos. If I were to use that container for a test platform, I would use a nylon shoulder washer to go through the top + some rubber grommets to isolate the heat away from the lid. If the container melts that fast, please don't try and install it in a car. It will never hold up.

jazmie
08-09-2008, 02:35 PM
i try look other forum....other posting....maybe my prob can solve if i change my bolt d my cable with the bigger one?

Cyr
08-09-2008, 03:39 PM
If it's getting that hot, that quick, you have too much electrolyte in there. Also, try more neutral plates. That will help with the heat as well.

mario brito
08-09-2008, 03:58 PM
i had the same exact problem.

those bolts are SS right ? forget it ! they will always heat up and melt the plastic top. SS is really bad for that. i solved my problem taking the SS connections off and putting an electric cable. only one hole, one less to seal.

thanks

shortstack
08-09-2008, 06:38 PM
you need to not put so much in, on mine about same size although 12 plates +n-+n-+n-+n-. i have to only put 1/4 teaspoon lye per gallon and it still gets to 180*F after 45 min, one thing you can do to help the heat is wrap electrical tape (heat resistant) or heat shrink or clear wrap for food.

jazmie
08-09-2008, 07:16 PM
i had the same exact problem.

those bolts are SS right ? forget it ! they will always heat up and melt the plastic top. SS is really bad for that. i solved my problem taking the SS connections off and putting an electric cable. only one hole, one less to seal.

thanks

yes it is....i use ss bolt n nut.....u mean make one hole and cable from plate insert through that hole than seal that hole ya?.....mean after that the plate and top cover become one set and cant remove separately..

anyway tq bro ur suggestion

jazmie
08-09-2008, 07:23 PM
you need to not put so much in, on mine about same size although 12 plates +n-+n-+n-+n-. i have to only put 1/4 teaspoon lye per gallon and it still gets to 180*F after 45 min, one thing you can do to help the heat is wrap electrical tape (heat resistant) or heat shrink or clear wrap for food.

which part need to wrap?

i will try also put less electrolyte volume in it....before i put 1/2 KOH teaspoon

kiki
08-10-2008, 08:43 AM
i think you have to add more neutral plates. 13.8 volts devided bij 2 makes 6.9 volts per plate. 2.4 volts should be ok. the other 4.5 volts are just creating this heat! you can have the same hho production bij having 4 or 5 neutral plates between the anode and cathode, without the heat issue you are talking about.

and you need an amp meter!
good luck, arjen

jazmie
08-11-2008, 01:52 AM
i think you have to add more neutral plates. 13.8 volts devided bij 2 makes 6.9 volts per plate. 2.4 volts should be ok. the other 4.5 volts are just creating this heat! you can have the same hho production bij having 4 or 5 neutral plates between the anode and cathode, without the heat issue you are talking about.

and you need an amp meter!
good luck, arjen

noob here

fyi im using 8 anode and 8 catode +N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N

how u calculate it 13.8V/2.....
13.8V=car battery
2=?
how to get 2.4V and 4.5V?

tq

kiki
08-11-2008, 06:35 PM
if you use 1 neutral plate you have 2 spaces . one space between positie and neutral, and one space betweetn neutral and negative. the 13.8 volts between positve and negative is devided between those 2 spaces. that makes 6.9 volts per space.

idealy this is 2 - 2.4 volts per space, so the other 4.5 volts (6.9 - 2.4) is wasted. this only creates heat.

i have made different setups, all using 1 mm space between the plates, i am using 5 neutral plates now, (so with a neg and a pos plate this is 7 plates in total).
first setup was +-+-+-+
second setup: +nn-nn+
th setup: +nnnn-
4th setup: +nnnnn-

all these cells ceated aprox the same amount of gas , at the same voltage, but using neutral plates and making the voltage between each space abou 2.2 volts, is producing less heat at eating less amps.