PDA

View Full Version : First Timer here

zombiesplat
10-13-2013, 02:32 AM
Hey everyone. I just thought I'd share my experience.

I've spent a lot of time lurking through youtube and other sources about creating HHO gas. So I had bought some stainless steel washers and nylon spacers.. then since I wasn't able to solder the wires on to the washers, I decided to simply use hot glue to get the wire to stick to the washer and also to get the whole contraption to stick to itself. I have read lots of reviews on whether or not to use baking soda, some say that it makes the process faster and others who seem to be purists or at least pragmatic tend to say that the alkalyzation "shouldn't" need to be necessary. But I figured for my first time trying this... I'd give myself every opportunity to have a real result.

hmm.. I don't have any 12 volt batteries hanging around, but I do have a couple of nine volts, so I wire them in series, throw little more than a table spoon in to a glass cup with about 11 ounces of water, and wouldn't you know it... as soon as I touch the wires to the terminals, it starts bubbling up. Okay, I've made colloidal silver with 9 volt batteries and it will bubble up some times too. I don't really have any idea if this is HHO gas or if it's just carbon dioxide or something else.

So I get a lighter. and I don't set the surface of the water on fire. However I do notice that the flame of the lighter is "louder". After playing around with it for a while, the flame seemed to get bigger and crackle when I was directly over the water and a couple feet above it too. I'll consider that a result worth further study.

Here's another interesting observation, after about 20 seconds, the reaction would stop. I'm imagining, that since the two washers are acting as capacitor plates, that the process stops when the electricity stops flowing because the capacitor was fully charged. A quick disconnect and reconnect would start the process again, but wouldn't last but another second to 5 seconds.

Also, my tap water has a PPM count of around 750 and is very conductive on it's own. So I decide to try again without any baking soda and still get a result, definitely not as impressive as the water with baking soda, but still a result.

This gets me to thinking that the idea of pulling apart the atoms and attracting them to the different plates based on their dipole, why not start with purified and alkalized water. Something with a low PPM count and a high Ph. There's tons of videos on Youtube that describe how to make a batch processor for making alkaline water.

Just my thoughts here.

So ... question for anyone with insight. How do I take this to the next step. I want to make a torch or even a furnace to melt aluminium into ingots.