PDA

View Full Version : HHO 2.5 lpm Dry cell advice and help for science project

Panasoni
10-02-2013, 09:42 AM
Hello everyone :D
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a little (well...) project for a large science presentation. I know the basics for a cell, however I DO have a lot of questions to ask.
1. If I have higher amperage and lower voltage, do I need more plates than if I have high voltage and low amperage? Or if the wattage is the same the plate amount is the same?

2. If I am using a 240v (Australian) power supply, how can I evenly distribute all of the volts over only 30 plates. If that is not possible, how much power do I need to achieve 2.5 lpm with 30 plates (If it's possible)? (As in, how many volts with how many watts)

3. With a dry cell, I have read that there are vertically alternating holes in each plate for the gas to pass to the next chamber, as in one hole at the top of one plate, followed by a hole in the bottom of the next plate. Wouldn't the gas pile up in the chamber as the hydrogen can't sink through the water to get down to the bottom hole?

4. How do dry cells work without a pump? Does more water just flow in once the old water gets turned into hydrogen gas and flows out of the back? But then wouldn't water flow in both ways :confused:. I just want to know how the liquid flow works with this one

Thanks HEAPS.