PDA

View Full Version : Need help building cell!!!!

TheFauxFox
09-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Hey guys. I need to know what safety precautions to take when building an HHO cell.
I plan on testing it to assist a 6hp engine (gokart) so I will be close to this unit, and I would rather keep my body parts intact and not full of bits of glass...

So, I know I need a flash-back arrestor, what else? Could anything else help me?

And what is a "bubbler" people keep talking about?

Thanks!
-Ryan

myoldyourgold
09-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Do not use anything made of glass!! You are just asking for trouble if you do. Bubblers are used to clean the electrolyte out of the HHO so you do not ruin your engine. Any aluminum parts that gets electrolyte on it could be damaged over time if not right away if there is enough of it. There are many discussions and pictures on this forum about bubblers. Do a search and read about them. Bubblers also will save your reservoir from blowing up from a backfire if your flashback arrestor fails. It can get destroyed but having a bath of water is not anywhere as bad as having a reservoir blow up and spray you with electrolyte. Read read and read some more so you understand what you are doing. In a go cart it will be like strapping an HHO system to your back or butt. Be careful. When done right it will be as safe as the gas tank.