PDA

View Full Version : Making science fair project to prove/disprove HHO.

TheFauxFox
09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Well... I am a 8th grader, and I am considering making my science fair project about HHO, proving/disproving it. I have seen many positives about HHO, and then the people saying it is impossible...

I plan on making a one cell 2 plate wet cell with KOH and "strapping" it onto a small gokart (about 6hp). The question is, 1) will this work? and 2) Will a 12v 35ah battery be enough for about 2 hours of use?

I plan on making my ratio 10 tablespoons of KOH to 1 quart of distilled water, will this blow up in my face? Or will I reap the benefits of gains in MPG? :cool:

Thanks a ton!

Note: According to my calculations of the go kart's MPG (60mpg), in 1 minute, it will burn .0083 gallons of gasoline (.031 liters) So would it be feasible to run the kart on just hydrogen alone? Would this work with a standard 4-stroke engine? I read somewhere that it can severely damage the engine if your run it on hydrogen alone...

And also, how can I calculate my L per minute of hydrogen and oxygen output?

(now)
Thanks a ton! :P

Stevo
09-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Scroll down the page about 3/4. You can find all of his videos with the 3HP Briggs. You'll want to place a load on the motor. Good luck!

The purpose of this series of testing was to prove or disprove once and for all the validity of claims being made by HHO enthusiasts that they were achieving mileage gains from their devices attached to their car engines despite the fact that it requires energy from that same engine to create the HHO. Skeptics contended that it voilates the law of conservation of energy. Proponents contended that the effect of HHO mixed with the gas/air charge behaves as a catalyst creating a much more efficient burn of the gasoline which is typically less than 20% efficient to begin with, and that it does not violate conservation of energy because the total system still can not exceed 100%.

In a nutshell, Zero (or Z as his friends call him) took a 3HP Briggs & Stratton engine and tested with no load, 1/3HP and 2/3HP passive load to simulate relative conditions of an automobile. Each of these conditions was tested with no HHO, 335ml/min HHO (5A or 1/6HP) and 670ml/min HHO (10A or 1/3HP). IN ALL CASES,

TheFauxFox
09-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Thanks! Even though the engine is 6hp, that was a good help!