PDA

View Full Version : Finding a good EFIE for one O2 sensor and MAP adjustment

tkotitan
08-29-2013, 04:14 PM
Ok, I will try an easier question.

I am trying to find a good deal on a simple EFIE for one O2 sensor and also do MAP adjustment. Everything on eBay looks sketchy since the keyword EFIE is plastered over everything related to HHO.

My 94 Jeep is OBDI and I am trying like crazy to figure out if it is a narrow band or wide-band O2 sensor. I have read that all american cars are wide-band, but I have also read that 3-wire digital sensors are narrow band, and mine is 3-wire.

The guys at HHOkitsdirect have sensors for sale but I can't get the job done for both the MAP and O2 sensors for less than 100 bucks. I may grab one of those silly dual dial things off ebay for the MAP and then get a separate efie. Has anyone dealt with hhokitsdirect yet? They have good support it seems but I wish there were more detailed specs for these parts on their site.

I may have a friend who an electronics whiz just build me some efies since the concept is pretty simple.

If I have an O2 sensor EFIE, is adjusting the MAP really that necessary? I don't want to damage my engine or other fuel system components in the long run.

Anyone care to share your opinions or experiences?

myoldyourgold
08-31-2013, 06:04 AM
I am trying to find a good deal on a simple EFIE for one O2 sensor and also do MAP adjustment.

In my opinion there is no good cheap EFIE. If you really want it to do the job I would not waste my money on any of the cheap ones. There used to be available some good EFFIEs that would control just one O2 and a map but because of the low volume most if not all manufactures have gone to the multiple O2 configuration and tell you to just use one. I know you pay for something you do not need but such is life. You still need to control as many of the sensors that you can to get good results. Just controlling one will limit what you can do making it in most cases not worth it. I would first try a very small amount of HHO with no EFIE setting it up to turn off at idle where the biggest imbalance is and waste of engine HP making HHO when it is not needed and go from there. You might if done right get enough gain that way to be satisfied. If not you will have learned a lot about how your engine reacts and then be able to make better use of the EFIE. Let us know how it goes.