PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from canada. Hi!

valk01
06-26-2013, 12:27 AM
First post on a forum is usually pretty unexciting and useless but I figured id say hey anyway before i go lurk for about a year.
Im definitely not close to building any kind of a vehicle setup until i pay off some debt, but i definitely want to give it a shot. much more attainable than a DIY electric car swap it seems.

basically went through all the forum posts and watched as many youtubes as are available and valid so i think i know what i need to do to get this to work but a few questions.

Obviously a drycell is the way to go, but is there any advantage to trying a diy route, or has enough development happened in this to just go ahead and buy cells?
from what ive read so far, wouldn't you want very short plates that are wider? like 1-2" height with gas escaping at top, and 7-10" long?

What about using a pump to feed the cells? like a 12v liang brushless pump.

are cars running hho running 100% hho and no atmosphere? or still using atmosphere as an expansion gas?

everyone seems to buy using lead acid car batteries. has anyone tried running higher voltage supplied via lithium batteries?

what about cars that are ideal for a swap? id be buying a car for this project.. was thinking of a cheap 85ish rx7. very simple motor, low displacement with zero chance of spark seeing the intake stream.

still got a ton of reading to do i guess might experiment with a wetcell or a really ghetto drycell from local materials to see what im getting into. do they make stainless steel baking sheets? lol.