PDA

View Full Version : Laser cutting

c02cutter
08-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Just a quick video of our lasers cutting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yk9HuAZdaa4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Yk9HuAZdaa4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

c02cutter
08-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Another older video...

<a href="http://media.putfile.com/just-playin" target="_blank">Click here to watch "just-playin"</a>

midnight1957
08-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Man you have more toys than I have ever seen. Do you use these machine for a living or as a hobby?
I an suprised that you are not cutting plates and other pieces for all of the guys on here, ever thought about doing that?

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade

c02cutter
08-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes, my machines are 3D machines. The Mazak 48 space gear to buy brand new would be approximately $430,000.00 the 510 is in the neighborhood of $750,000.00. As a company we specialize in 3D work, but cut flat for particular applications. I use the machines personally for doing what they say can't be done and what I want to build. A laser can make money for a small shop, if you can get past the cost, operation cost, and maintenance costs. The sales men will talk about how fast and what it is capable of. Also give you what you can sell a particular piece for, but that price does not take into account wear and tare on the machine. Which when it comes to repairs, cost is an astronomical amount if you are using the tech from the laser manufacture. $500.00 per hour is not unheard of, and no matter what it takes them (if factory techs) 8 to 10 hours to repair, and that is for simple repairs.

I can do most repairs myself, and can tune the machine, align the machine, and do all the routines to keep it going. I have been doing this for 9 years, and have been with this company as long. I also get manufacturer application techs in on occasion to try and see how I do what I do when I go off the deep end with doing something the app techs can't even figure out. The point is the machines, maintenance , and repairs are very expensive.

My plates my be more than the guy using a shear and break, but I am also doing plates that no matter what will line up throughout a cell perfectly within .005 of an inch with the holes I put in the plates. Also I break my corners so that if someone decides to wrap a cell as I have, they can without damaging the wrap with sharp corners. I give you what you pay for may be more, but I am using machines to do this that operation cost is very expensive.

HomeGrown
08-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I hate you. ;)

midnight1957
08-09-2008, 09:26 PM
CO2cutter, you should charge the factory reps $500 per hour with a minumum of 10 hours. Tell them business is business and you have to pay for knowledge, no more free lunches.
BTW where are you located?
If you don't think the Lock-Lock containers will hold up what do you use?

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade