PDA

View Full Version : car battery

hobbyguy
04-24-2013, 04:08 AM
I just knew that such thing exist is a battery car charger you plug it to the wall and connect the clams to the battery and it will charge the battery and was wondering if I could use this as my power source or would have to use the car battery instead of the charger.:)

hhoconnection
04-24-2013, 12:19 PM
You can use a battery charger but you will be limited in the amount of amps you can draw. If the charger is rated at 6 amps then that is the max amps you will be able to draw before the voltage starts to drop.

hobbyguy
04-24-2013, 03:34 PM
You can use a battery charger but you will be limited in the amount of amps you can draw. If the charger is rated at 6 amps then that is the max amps you will be able to draw before the voltage starts to drop.

Hi hhoconnection, ok thank you so much, how many amps does the car battery puts out. And I seen that they use a computer power box too with 12V and some with 15 to 25 amps would that be ok too.:)

Havens78
04-24-2013, 05:09 PM
I have used a charger hooked to a battery and then powered a reactor from the battery, though I never could get more than 12.5-13 volts running 15 amps. So if you plan to only use small amounts of amps this will work for bench testing. If you plan to run the charger for more than an hour, you will want to put a fan near the charger so that it can stay cool.

havens

hobbyguy
04-25-2013, 11:19 PM
I have used a charger hooked to a battery and then powered a reactor from the battery, though I never could get more than 12.5-13 volts running 15 amps. So if you plan to only use small amounts of amps this will work for bench testing. If you plan to run the charger for more than an hour, you will want to put a fan near the charger so that it can stay cool.

havens

Ok well thank you for the reply.:)