PDA

View Full Version : Wideband o2 sensor

scribs212
08-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Has anyone had any experience with a wideband o2 sensor? How does HHO affect this?

Smith03Jetta
08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes

The extra Oxygen that's not burned in the combustion process screws with the Wideband O2 Sensor (Lambda Sensor).

In the same manner as a narrowband sensor, a higher Oxygen level exists so it makes it give false readings which in turn increases the fuel consumption. EFIE does not work. It sends a different type of signal than a narrow band sensor so the electronics on an EFIE does not work. Fuel management must be done on the ECU or adaptation channels using On Board Disgnostics software -w- cables.

scribs212
08-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Yes, but how can you get accurate tune readings if you're not using a wideband o2 sensor? What would someone using HHO use?

Smith03Jetta
08-08-2008, 12:46 PM
It's different for every manufacturer. There are standards for OBD connections but different car makers use different communication protocols. You must search for some tuning or fuel system management software for your particular car. I am using VAG-COM and Lemmiwinks that is designed for Skoda, VW and Audi cars only.

scribs212
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm planning on tuning my motorcycle, and it doesn't have OBDII. I'm planning on purchasing a wideband o2 sensor to tune it because I am running E85 with no problems.

Eddie_in_Maine
08-13-2008, 04:20 PM
I believe that the wide band O2 have an opposite AFR curve to a standard narrow band O2. My 4 wire wide band leans out at 5V and goes to full rich at 0V. I have the O2 optomizer from dutchman enterprices and it should work for wide band but I haven't wired it up yet. Turns out that my downstream O2, after Cataly conv, is narrow band, 750mV for rich, 150mV for lean....
Posted this on a EFIE thread, sorry if you are reading this twice.
Ed